Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I still believe a lot of you get way too wrapped up in what everyone else thinks
    Welcome to society in 2020. Click on any facebook/twitter/instagram post and watch the masses fight each other over things that they'll forget about minutes later...

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's been separationist dreams off and on in the West for decades. Alberta's not going anywhere. They're landlocked for one.
    They won't sell BC wine for two and keep threatening to shut off BC's access to oil for 3. 2&3 = strained relations with the closest access to the ocean they have. BC's not going with them.

BC historical supports NDP in large swaths of the province. Hell, right now we have a coalition Orange/Green Gov't.
    They vote in the Liberals when the NDP piss them off enough. Never Conservatives.
    I don't see future agreements coming with one of the strongest Conservative provinces in the country.

The term "Wexit" just shows how unoriginal the separatist sector of Alberta is. It's not even representative of their movement. It's a radical sect of Alberta, not the West

Hell, There's a small grass roots political party on Vancouver Island that wants to separate from BC.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post

The term "Wexit" just shows how unoriginal the separatist sector of Alberta is. It's not even representative of their movement. It's a radical sect of Alberta, not the West
    The cries for Wexit in Alberta were especially ironic given how poorly Brexit was going at the time. It was a great way to see who your dumbest Facebook friends were. People with strong opinions rooted in zero awareness.

Dobber Sports Ace

This article summarizes the US response, including preceding events like disbanding the pandemic unit in 2018, and how the country got to where it is now. The comparison with South Korea, who experienced their first recorded case on the same day, is particularly striking.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ealth-disaster

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't know how they actually track this shit like this but it's basically real-time updates on CV-19. Just hit refresh for the most up to date numbers.

It's 10:45am on the West Coast and the US is at 12 000 new cases & 241 deaths reported today.
    At 6AM PST they had reported 240 new cases.

The home page is a stat junkies dream come true.

Dobber Sports Jedi

ChineseEmbassyOttawa @ChinaEmbOttawa

On March 27, Bank of China donates medical supplies (including 30000 medical masks, 10000 sets of protective clothing, 10000 goggles and 50000 pairs of gloves, followed by N95 medical masks) to Canada fighting against COVID-19. We are together!

Seems like CV-19 has helped smooth over relations with China. they're returning the favor to us.

There's no weight listed so there shouldn't be any arguments or quantifiability.

Dobber Sports Ace

That's the thing about a global problem, the outcomes are generally better if we can work together. The "x-country first" stuff people were arguing about looks pretty silly now that the aid has been reciprocated in our time of need.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Great point.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    This article summarizes the US response, including preceding events like disbanding the pandemic unit in 2018, and how the country got to where it is now. The comparison with South Korea, who experienced their first recorded case on the same day, is particularly striking.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ealth-disaster
    Another damning article which spells out how incompetent Trump is and how his administration's mistakes will directly result in the loss of lives.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    That's the thing about a global problem, the outcomes are generally better if we can work together. The "x-country first" stuff people were arguing about looks pretty silly now that the aid has been reciprocated in our time of need.
    Ya it’s horrible. Several respected people in science and world health blasting the US for how poorly this has been handled which is going to potentially cost thousands of lives. It’s sad that some myopic and close minded individuals on these forums will jump to Trump’s defense while triumphantly declaring how awesome he is...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Ya it’s horrible. Several respected people in science and world health blasting the US for how poorly this has been handled which is going to potentially cost thousands of lives. It’s sad that some myopic and close minded individuals on these forums will jump to Trump’s defense while triumphantly declaring how awesome he is...

Rylant
    Nearly half of the US loves what he is doing. The US asked for this and they are getting what they asked for.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Nearly half of the US loves what he is doing. The US asked for this and they are getting what they asked for.
    No question. I don’t get it...

Rylant

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Another damning article which spells out how incompetent Trump is and how his administration's mistakes will directly result in the loss of lives.
    Careful, if you keep posting these well written articles Trump's approval rating will likely go up another 5% to 65%.

I have been thinking about how any rational person could rate the Trump administrations response to this pandemic as anything but an utter failure. My thinking was that even his ardent supporters would at least concede he made a few mistakes..., but no. 60% approval rating on Trump's handling of this catastrophe in a recent poll.

My thoughts are that in times of crisis people need to turn to a leader. They need someone who will take control and lay out a concise and cogent strategy with brutal honesty and vision (Cuomo?). Lacking that, they take whoever they can get to help them sleep at night. Trump is whoever you can get. He is the President. He is all America has right now and people are straining hard to believe in him out of sheer desperation and lack of options.

What choice do they have? Either hope beyond hope that their man gets the job done, and that all the numbers and scenarios the news agencies are reporting are "fake news!", or despair...

That said, once the dust has settled and people look back closely at how this pandemic was handled by the Trump administration things are not going to be so rosy.

History will not be kind to this administration.

Stay home folks. Stay healthy. Good luck to all.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Yet, his approval rating is up.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Careful, if you keep posting these well written articles Trump's approval rating will likely go up another 5% to 65%.

I have been thinking about how any rational person could rate the Trump administrations response to this pandemic as anything but an utter failure. My thinking was that even his ardent supporters would at least concede he made a few mistakes..., but no. 60% approval rating on Trump's handling of this catastrophe in a recent poll.

My thoughts are that in times of crisis people need to turn to a leader. They need someone who will take control and lay out a concise and cogent strategy with brutal honesty and vision (Cuomo?). Lacking that, they take whoever they can get to help them sleep at night. Trump is whoever you can get. He is the President. He is all America has right now and people are straining hard to believe in him out of sheer desperation and lack of options.

What choice do they have? Either hope beyond hope that their man gets the job done, and that all the numbers and scenarios the news agencies are reporting are "fake news!", or despair...

That said, once the dust has settled and people look back closely at how this pandemic was handled by the Trump administration things are not going to be so rosy.

History will not be kind to this administration.

Stay home folks. Stay healthy. Good luck to all.
    I don't get it either. I know relatively intelligent people that are ardent Trump supporters and it just baffles me. My sister is a knowledgeable person and the garbage she continually spews on Facebook in support of Trump is nauseating. I have hidden her for a couple years now. I have other family members and colleagues that are well-educated and support him. Some are not paying close, or any, attention and others have become so entrenched in their position that they refuse to acknowledge any wrong-doing. They just follow the Trump-spin defensive talking points they hear on Fox News or the memes their friends post on social media. I could go on and on. This country deserves whatever it gets for electing such an incompetent, unethical charlatan.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov