Thread: Brand new 31 teams salary cap league for the 2020-21 season, H2H Points matchups, 82 games and 4 playoffs rounds.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Brand new 31 teams salary cap league for the 2020-21 season, H2H Points matchups, 82 games and 4 playoffs rounds.

Hi everyone,

Starting a brand new league for the 2020-21 season. This will be a 31 teams, 82 games and 4 playoffs rounds. H2H Points matchups with the possibility to change your lineup for each fantasy games. League will be held on Fantrax.

Fees: 125$ per season ( 100$ for the season, playoffs and Fantrax Premium fees ) ( 25$ for the dynasty prize )
    All owners who will join the league must pay before the draft. NON-REFUNDABLE.

Scoring:

Skaters: G, A, +/-, SOG, BLK, Hit
    Goalies: G,A,GA, W, L, SV, SHO, OL+SHL

Draft: 23 rounds as soon as possible ( to get the teams built) and 7 rounds in each September before the Season starts. For the first year, the draft will be serpentine and after it will be determined by the regular season standings ( 31st to 1st )

This will be a cap league ( Capfriendly will be the source for the AAV salaries and length). Each owner will have the option to keep or let go a player at the end of his contract.

Rosters: 50 players Max, 23 for the NHL spots ( 12 forwards, 6 defencemen, 1 goalie and 4 reserves ) and up to 27 for the minors.

All owners will have the option to drop/claim drafted players. Undrafted, released or new players will stay in the Free agent pool for the entire season and they will be available for the draft the year after. ( drop/claim deadline will be All-Star break )

All owners will have the option to trade players, a voting system will be in place too let owners decide if itÂ’s a GO or a NO. If a draft pick is traded, the owner must pay the season fee ( 125$ ) of the year (s) in question. ( trade deadline will be the Christmas break)

Playoffs: The 8 best teams from each conferences will make the playoffs. ItÂ’s gonna be old school playoffs system ( 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5 ) and so on for the other rounds.

Prizes:

All the money will be managed by Fantrax Treasurer.

- Regular season division winners..... 100$
    - Round 1 winners..... 100$
    - Round 2 winners..... 200$
    - Round 3 winners..... 300$
    - Round 4 winner..... 420$

Dynasty: The owner who wins 2 championships over a 3 year span will get the DYNASTY PRIZE.

What I expect from an owner?

- WonÂ’t be acting as a feeder team for another owner.
    - Plays for now and the future by putting competitive lineups and trading in a reasonable fashion.
    - Active by responding to trades or other league activities, respectful and easy to communicate with.
    - Will try to make his team and the league better.

** I reserve the right to remove an owner without refund if he isnÂ’t trying to respect the points above **

For any questions please feel free to write at

[email protected]

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Brand new 31 teams salary cap league for the 2020-21 season, H2H Points matchups, 82 games and 4 playoffs rounds.

can u give more detail for the scoring? it is a lot of categories for goalies vs skaters

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Brand new 31 teams salary cap league for the 2020-21 season, H2H Points matchups, 82 games and 4 playoffs rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromph View Post
    can u give more detail for the scoring? it is a lot of categories for goalies vs skaters

It’s a points leagues, these are the categories that each players received points. So for each games you’ll be facing another team and the team with the most points gets the win. ( 82 games)

Skaters

+/-........0.25pts
    A........1pts
    Blk........0.1pts
    G.......1pts
    Hit........0.1pts
    SOG.......0.1pts

Goalies

A........1pts
    GA.......-0.5pts
    G.........1pts
    L.......-2pts
    Ol+Shl.........-1pts
    Sv...........0.1pts
    Sho.........1pts
    W.........2pts

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bump

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Tko019 View Post
    Bump
    7 teams in, let’s go 24 owners needed

- Boston
    - Carolina
    - Edmonton
    - Montreal
    - Ottawa
    - Vancouver
    - Winnipeg

Dobber Sports Master

have you used this scoring formula before ? negative points for goalie losses seems harsh .he's already not getting +2 for a win so I'd think getting negative points for goals against is harsh enough.

I might be wrong though since I'm not bothering to plug the formula into fantrax to test . however , I dont see too many league setups that ding the G with negative points for losses - just goals against .

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    have you used this scoring formula before ? negative points for goalie losses seems harsh .he's already not getting +2 for a win so I'd think getting negative points for goals against is harsh enough.

I might be wrong though since I'm not bothering to plug the formula into fantrax to test . however , I dont see too many league setups that ding the G with negative points for losses - just goals against .
    Yes I tested it and it gives great results in my opinion, if you want I can add you to the league if you wanna see the scoring

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Good news, 9 teams in

- Boston
    - Carolina
    - Colorado
    - Edmonton
    - Montreal
    - Ottawa
    - Toronto
    - Vancouver
    - Winnipeg

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post

Goalies get 2 points for a W, it's just the last stat listed.

****ing hate +/- though, such a horrible stat to use.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post

yep , thats what I mean when I said '' he's already not getting +2 for a win'' Was referring to the losing goalie of the game .

so a 38 save game = 3.8 fps
    lets say he allows 3 ga = -1.5
    loss = -2
    his net points for the game = .3 fps

OP says its a tried and tested formula so gotta respect his outlook . I just dont see losses given a negative multiplier in many leagues because the punishment for a goalie is usually negative points for the goals against while getting some relief with positive points for saves .

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tko019 View Post
    Yes I tested it and it gives great results in my opinion, if you want I can add you to the league if you wanna see the scoring
    naa , I'd probably join and try to win the money and bolt after 1 season . not fair to someone trying to make it a dynasty . my advice would be to run a 12-16 team though . your asking for trouble with 31

Dobber Sports Apprentice

31 team leagues aren’t difficult to run at all. I run two and am in another. As long as you weed out the non committed teams you’re good. I cut or lose between 3-6 teams each year and it’s always easy finding replacements.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Cpedersen84 View Post
    31 team leagues aren’t difficult to run at all. I run two and am in another. As long as you weed out the non committed teams you’re good. I cut or lose between 3-6 teams each year and it’s always easy finding replacements.

Bump

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post

at least in a league like this it's not usually a make or break stat - Unless you owned Athanasiou this year. It gets blended into the scoring much more than if it were a stand alone cat in a MC league
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4