Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Investment Opportunities?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Investment Opportunities?

Wow, what a thread!! I need to get in on this in some capacity.. I'm not rolling in cake here but I have a few shekels to play with!!

At the ground level, where do one of you experts suggest I start? First step?
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Icon

There are two ways to go about getting started. I will try to help you make an informed choice on which way to go by asking you a question.

You need legal advice on something important to your future, do you
    A) head to the library and get out a bunch of books to research the law and how it affects you OR
    B) call a lawyer and pay them to help you with the issue

If you are the type of person that would go with option A, then you open up a TFSA with your neighborhood bank (or Q-trade or something similar) and start making a regular deposit in a balanced portfolio of mutual funds or index funds.

If you are the type of person that would go with option B, then you should ask around (ie your friends, parents, co-workers, Google search, https://www.fpcanada.ca/) for a few recommended financial advisors. Then contact these people and set up meetings with them to see how they work. If any of them work for World Financial Group, don't waste your time meeting with them. Sit down and meet with the others to see what they have to offer. Their first meeting with you they should be trying to figure out your current financial situation. If they come to a meeting trying to sell you a product, look for another advisor. It's not possible to know what they should be recommending until they know your full financial picture. They should be asking you questions about your income, your expenses, your assets, your debt, your goals and dreams, your insurance coverage, your health coverage and anything else that would be pertinent to your financial future. After meeting with a few potential advisors, you should have a good idea about who would be the best fit for you. Find out what they recommend and think about whether that advice really makes sense for you.

Just like all industries, there are some good advisors and some bad ones. A good advisor will save/earn you a lot of money over the next many years but a bad advisor will cost you a lot.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Euro Manganese - EMN on the TSXV

This is a high risk play that could really pay off. They just announced they are looking for a strategic partner to assist with the development of Czech high-purity manganese project. This is an important resource for Li-on batteries. Their mine is located in the Czech Republic and could be the only source of high-purity manganese in Europe.
    Just giving an update on this one. EMN closed at $0.10 on May 28th, 2020. It closed at $0.72 today. Hopefully some of you were able to get in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

How about that Game Stop stock!?

The Great One

Craziness

Pay attention not Nokia and AMC today.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm not touching any of that madness, but all the power to the people. Hope they screw the hedge funds over BAD!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Have to say though, this is incredibly fascinating to follow.

Some brokers, like Robinhood, have halted buys on some of these stocks - which has PISSED off many people (and rightfully so!). Then a bunch of short attacks were hammering the price, but it was super low volume, and now the price of Gamestop is starting to go back up again. Just wild stuff.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's an awesome story. I love it.

It's too bad the game is rigged and these hedge funds have powerful friends like the media (spreading fake stories about them closing their short positions) and the trading platforms (who've halted trading on stock, killing all momentum). At the end of the day most of the small guys will get screwed (Gamestop down almost 50% as we speak) unfortunately.

It's comical how some are vilifying the redditors when Hedge Funds have basically been leveraging their unlimited resources to manipulate stocks for decades on end. And now the small guy has finally found a way to come together in order to make it a fair fight and suddenly what they're doing is wrong. Talk about hypocrisy!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Gamestop is moving back up again after the quick crash. This is epic to watch! Really rooting for these folks to stick it to them. Considering just tossing in a couple hundred bucks myself simple as a donation to the cause - with the intent of never taking it out at a profit.

Dobber Sports Ninja

In what world do both Ben Shapiro and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez agree on something?!

Ben Shapiro
    @benshapiro
    Note: Robinhood absolutely should not be stopping trading of GameStop. Market mechanisms include the reality that some people will attempt to game the market mechanisms -- and some will pay the price. Restricting who can buy and sell is using a hammer on free markets.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
    @AOC
    This is unacceptable.

We now need to know more about @RobinhoodApp’s decision to block retail investors from purchasing stock while hedge funds are freely able to trade the stock as they see fit.

As a member of the Financial Services Cmte, I’d support a hearing if necessary.

Hahahaha.

Dobber Sports Titan

American Airlines is next for the boost.

The next is how cryptocurrency changes based on this. I'm going to be jumping into Dogecoin when I can. It's at $0.02 right now so it's not a massive investment either.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

The fake battles are over and now the real ones can begin

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Can someone explain to me who the Redditors are trying to hurt by this short squeeze?

Dobber Sports Stud

lol. Discord banned the wallstreetbets group citing "hate speech".

Not a single person believes it. The rich and powerful investors who have been doing this for decades pulled strings on the chat service to attempt to slow down the group that is using legal loopholes to manipulate the market to screw them over.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Can someone explain to me who the Redditors are trying to hurt by this short squeeze?
    It started with Melvin Capital.

There are a lot of great videos and articles out there if you have time. Check it out.