Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Investment Opportunities?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Investment Opportunities?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Can someone explain to me who the Redditors are trying to hurt by this short squeeze?
    Hedge funds who have been making billions hand over fist for the last several decades by doing exactly the same thing that's being done to them now...

Dobber Sports Icon

So the Redditors want to bankrupt a company that's been around for 7 years and mostly manages pension funds and trust funds? How is this taking it to the "man"? This is more like I'm going to steal their grandparents life savings. I don't get the reasoning behind this outside of deepf**&^ngvalue who started this whole thing and has reportedly made about $50,000,000. Everyone who has piled in since then is likely going to lose their shirt.

The funniest thing about all of this to me is that Fidelity Investments owned about 13% of all Gamestop shares. Fidelity is the largest money manager in North America. The fund that owned 9.75% of the shares is up about 3.75% this month which shows you how small of a blip this escapade is going to be in the grand scheme of things.

The only change that this is going to create is that hedge fund companies are going to not show anyone what they are actually doing which is going to make it even worse for the little investor in the long run. They have the ability to completely cover their tracks but Melvin Capital did not so this happened.

Dobber Sports Ninja

So the Redditors want to bankrupt a company that's been around for 7 years and mostly manages pension funds and trust funds? How is this taking it to the "man"? This is more like I'm going to steal their grandparents life savings. I don't get the reasoning behind this outside of deepf**&^ngvalue who started this whole thing and has reportedly made about $50,000,000. Everyone who has piled in since then is likely going to lose their shirt.

The funniest thing about all of this to me is that Fidelity Investments owned about 13% of all Gamestop shares. Fidelity is the largest money manager in North America. The fund that owned 9.75% of the shares is up about 3.75% this month which shows you how small of a blip this escapade is going to be in the grand scheme of things.

The only change that this is going to create is that hedge fund companies are going to not show anyone what they are actually doing which is going to make it even worse for the little investor in the long run. They have the ability to completely cover their tracks but Melvin Capital did not so this happened.
    Hot take. Don't buy in or bother with it. This isn't about you.

Banned

The point is to hurt predatory hedge funds, in general, because of their practices. Sure, they manage pension funds, but the huge majority of those taking part in that movement support a single-payer, public pension system and don't want to hear anything about private pension funds.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Everyone waiting patiently to see what's in store when the markets to open in the AM.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Some positive has come of this, Andrew Left nearly cried on his webcam. Ill take it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

From what I recall you work in the industry, so I can understand your frustration.

At the end of the day, the reasoning is this - hedge funds and other institutional investors have been using their power and clout for decades to take advantage of retail investors - activist funds, front running IPOs, insider trading, you name it. Don't even pretend this stuff doesn't happen in the real world. These funds - and in particular long/short funds and event driven funds - make their killings off the back of retail investors who have lesser access to knowledge and tools to compete in the market.

Now, the retail investors have all come together and for the first time they have the collective scale and access to influence the market. This is the same thing that hedge funds and others have been doing since the dawn of time, but now that the tables have turned, they are all crying foul like the greedy hypocritical bitches that they are.

Yes many retail investors will lose their shirts eventually, but it's worth it to see the hedge funds bleed. I have no sympathy for those greedy ****s. If they generate massive losses, their investors (teh funds you speak of) will slowly over time lose confidence investing with these ********.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well that was a fun week to watch people lose their friggin minds over this.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I hear they are trying the same thing with Silver now?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Veteran

Check out FLT.V (Canadian)/TAKOF (US) - Drone Delivery Canada

its currently up ~100% since the start of the year with tons of room to move still. I’ve been in since may of last year (~$0.60) but keep averaging up because I think it has >$5 value by the end of 2021.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I have been looking at investing in NFTs but they seem rather gambly and that's not quite my jam.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Check out FLT.V (Canadian)/TAKOF (US) - Drone Delivery Canada

its currently up ~100% since the start of the year with tons of room to move still. I’ve been in since may of last year (~$0.60) but keep averaging up because I think it has >$5 value by the end of 2021.
    Nicely done.

Dobber Sports Icon

What are your thoughts on FLT.V these days? They just announced their 6th US patent but they only had $6000 in gross income in Q3. I know they now have drones flying from the Edmonton airport to Nisku (across the biggest highway in Alberta).

Dobber Sports Veteran

What are your thoughts on FLT.V these days? They just announced their 6th US patent but they only had $6000 in gross income in Q3. I know they now have drones flying from the Edmonton airport to Nisku (across the biggest highway in Alberta).
    Still have high hopes for them despite it's current price. They've come a long way in the past year with multiple canadian/US patents, as well as being the only drone company granted a domestic cargo licence under the CTA (which is massive for it's future potential growth in canada). They're essentially still in their infancy as a company so I'm not too worried about their lack of gross income as of yet, but I think they need to continue pursuing the bigger contracts with airports and such, rather than prioritizing the remote locations.

The Great One

Bit. Coin.