Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: How is your Fantasy League planning to deal with possible NHL schedule suspension?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: How is your Fantasy League planning to deal with possible NHL schedule suspension?

Is it a crazy idea that when this settles down and play can resume that the NHL just finishes this season, has regular playoffs and shortens next years season with a later start? Say a team raises the cup in August.....Start up the following season in December, shorten the season have regular playoffs.
    20 team H2H Keep up to 4 . G/A/PPP/SOG/HITS/BS/Corsi SV%/GAA/W/SO
    6F 4D 2G 4Reserve.

F - Draisaitl, B. Tkatchuk,

G - Igor Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: How is your Fantasy League planning to deal with possible NHL schedule suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by b.27 View Post
    Is it a crazy idea that when this settles down and play can resume that the NHL just finishes this season, has regular playoffs and shortens next years season with a later start? Say a team raises the cup in August.....Start up the following season in December, shorten the season have regular playoffs.
    It's an option, but I don't thin they will go for it as they will be looking to get back to normal as soon as possible. Starting up a normal regular season again in October is the best way to do that.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

I think it's possible the league starts next season closer to Halloween like the NBA. They have the blueprint already of starting around that time and having the championship handed in June. I don't think it starts in December unless the virus sticks around for that long.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Another interesting discussion item for leagues - how to deal with players who might have increased value at a later date this spring.

For example, I'm in one-year leagues where players like Tomas Hertl, Jake Guentzel, and Steven Stamkos were dropped.
    These players were deemed out for remainder of regular season (thru Apr 5th).

What is any of them get healthy enough by a later time, if say - NHL resumes regular season in mid-April?
    If they are owned - do their owners get to play them?
    If they are unowned - does the first-come first-serve team get to pick them up?

That can be a dicey potential situation.
    It's a very messy situation - and leagues & commissioners that discuss these possibilities in advance will be better prepared if they actually occur.
    We had this exact question crop up in our league. One-year league so: Stamkos, Guentzel, E. Karlsson, Hertl are on the waiver wire.

As commissioner I did the following:
    1. Implemented a roster freeze, no adds or drops until the NHL announces the plan.
    2. If the season is resumed all players drafted in the first 10 rounds and on IR or OUT as of Yesterday will be ineligible for the remainder of the playoffs.

Now players who were on rosters are different. One guy winning his first round matchup has Tarasenko and Boeser, he will get a big windfall out of this delay if the season is finalized but since he already had those guys not much I can do there, he was banking on Tank returning for the next round.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    We had this exact question crop up in our league. One-year league so: Stamkos, Guentzel, E. Karlsson, Hertl are on the waiver wire.

As commissioner I did the following:
    1. Implemented a roster freeze, no adds or drops until the NHL announces the plan.
    2. If the season is resumed all players drafted in the first 10 rounds and on IR or OUT as of Yesterday will be ineligible for the remainder of the playoffs.

Now players who were on rosters are different. One guy winning his first round matchup has Tarasenko and Boeser, he will get a big windfall out of this delay if the season is finalized but since he already had those guys not much I can do there, he was banking on Tank returning for the next round.
    I really overlooked the roster freeze & limitations, thanks for sharing.
    ESPN | 10 Team | H2H | 2Acq/wk
    Pts: G,A,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA,GWG,+/-,PIM,FOW,FOL,HIT,SOG,BLK,DEF,G-W,G-L,G-Sv,G-So

F: Matthews | Scheifele | Guentzel | E.Kane | Forsberg | Kadri | M.Tkachuk | Hornquist | Hayes | Keller | Comtois | J. Bratt | Krejci | C. Smith | Ritchie
    D: Martinez | Klingberg | Weeger | Weber| Trouba
    G: Talbot | Lankinen

Dobber Sports Rookie

Add one more scenario to the mix for opinions...

We were in the our playoff finals, in the 2nd of the two week matchup (4 days remained)... Only 4 teams left, championship matchup and battle for 3rd place. Being commish and one of the 2 teams battling for the cup, i'm conflicted. If the league is not resumed, Im assuming the league provider (ESPN) will deem a hierarchy, but if they don't or come to a ridiculous conclusion, where do most of you stand for a resolution given above circumstances?

1) Deem COVID19 winner, with 1st place tie and 3rd place tie.... Split 1st & 2nd payouts evenly to championship rd teams, and split 3rd payout between the bronze matchup teams

2) Deem COVID19 winner, with 1st place tie and 3rd place tie.... Different payout

3) Give wins to the teams leading the matchup (day 10 of 14)... Crown a winner, 2nd, and third (with asterisks), payout accordingly.

4) Give wins to the teams leading the matchup (day 10 of 14)... Different payout

5) Duke it out in best of 7 NHL94 tournament...

4) Other ideas... I think we are far enough along to rule out wiping the season and rolling funds over...

F: Matthews | Scheifele | Guentzel | E.Kane | Forsberg | Kadri | M.Tkachuk | Hornquist | Hayes | Keller | Comtois | J. Bratt | Krejci | C. Smith | Ritchie

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Sitdown View Post
    Add one more scenario to the mix for opinions...

We were in the our playoff finals, in the 2nd of the two week matchup (4 days remained)... Only 4 teams left, championship matchup and battle for 3rd place. Being commish and one of the 2 teams battling for the cup, i'm conflicted. If the league is not resumed, Im assuming the league provider (ESPN) will deem a hierarchy, but if they don't or come to a ridiculous conclusion, where do most of you stand for a resolution given above circumstances?

1) Deem COVID19 winner, with 1st place tie and 3rd place tie.... Split 1st & 2nd payouts evenly to championship rd teams, and split 3rd payout between the bronze matchup teams

2) Deem COVID19 winner, with 1st place tie and 3rd place tie.... Different payout

3) Give wins to the teams leading the matchup (day 10 of 14)... Crown a winner, 2nd, and third (with asterisks), payout accordingly.

4) Give wins to the teams leading the matchup (day 10 of 14)... Different payout

5) Duke it out in best of 7 NHL94 tournament...

4) Other ideas... I think we are far enough along to rule out wiping the season and rolling funds over...
    I'd probably do #1. If the matchup is not salvageable it's not really fair to declare a champ. You're lucky in that you were down to the finals. Most leagues have 6 or 8 teams who were still in play.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Rookie

Commish fail..... so much for freezing rosters now, a team acquired MacKinnon the day following league notice. Don't blame him though

Dobber Sports Stud

20 team dynasty, no prize payout - just bragging rights.

We are in a "wait and see" mode until the NHL makes a definitive decision one way or the other. Currently mid-way thru Round 1 of our playoffs. Should the NHL shut down for the year, we will go with whatever Fantrax comes up with and if they leave the decision to us I imagine the top team will get the Championship with an asterisk.

Draft order is no problem as the bottom 12 teams are linked to their NHL teams for the lottery. Should the NHL cancel the draft (which I doubt as they can do it with a tele-conference) we will just go with the reverse of our regular season standings. We will use the final standings to determine the 19th & 20th pick as the Champion and runner-up get those slots. Second and third round picks are based on the reverse of our regular standings so again, I don't see an issue with that.