Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How is your Fantasy League planning to deal with possible NHL schedule suspension?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: How is your Fantasy League planning to deal with possible NHL schedule suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    At this point I’d assume all platforms will have leagues simply sit the way they are until games resume. We’ll just get the season done in summer instead of April.
    You are assuming that they will play out the remaining regular season games to get to the full 82. I've heard rumblings that they could just get every team to 71 or 72, or whatever it is and proceed to the playoffs based off of that. Therefore, potentially, there may not be enough games to finish out a H2H playoff.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: How is your Fantasy League planning to deal with possible NHL schedule suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    If I was not in the money this year... I would be all for this.

If I was in on the money this year.. I think this is a bad suggestion.

That is how everyone is going to feel based on if they are in the money or not.

I do not think it is a good idea to push the money back a season. Especially if it is a league that allows trades of picks and such.

Someone who put all their chips in the basket this year.. will likely not have a chance to win next year.

Someone who was rebuilding to next year has an advantage and can trade all their picks to try guarantee that extra pot.
    I'm in 4 leagues, won the President's Trophy in 3 and finished 2nd in the last one. I'm in the money big time.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    You are assuming that they will play out the remaining regular season games to get to the full 82. I've heard rumblings that they could just get every team to 71 or 72, or whatever it is and proceed to the playoffs based off of that. Therefore, potentially, there may not be enough games to finish out a H2H playoff.
    H2H is definitely on life support. If hockey does return it's for playoffs.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Maybe I'm the only one but I just cant see the NHL cancelling any part of the season, just pushing it (?)...if/when the risk/situation is over I just dont see them voluntarily sacrificing money. Sure everything will have to be moved up (cant have the cup final, draft and training camp happening in the same month lol) but I just feel that once we're past this (could honestly take up to 2 months imo) people will want to go back to normal. But hell what do I know?
    CALIFORNIA GOLDEN SEALS
    16 team h2h points dynasty, multicat
    3 C/RW/LW, F, 6D, 2G, 7B, 40 minors
    C: Scheifele, Couturier, R. Strome, Granlund, Kuraly
    RW: Kucherov, Keller, Nichushkin, Joseph, Blais
    LW: Verhaeghe, M. Foligno, Acciari, Palat, Knies
    D: Durzi, Dunn, Forsling, Skjei, Brodin, DeMelo, Seeler
    G: Thompson, Lyon, Kochetkov, (Campbell)
    Minors: Snugg, Korczak x 2, Cuylle, Molendyk, Hrabal, Ersson, etc.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What a ****ing awkward spot I'm in as commissioner of my league and also 1st place...
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Sage

Pushing the money to next year could easily compromise the integrity of most leagues.

I think that's the worst possible idea. Really screws the teams that pushed hard, made moves and trades they wouldn't otherwise have made etc.

The teams that aren't in the playoffs have nothing to lose and actually have a likely benefit next year to win more money as they will draft higher and are more likely to have made moves towards the future.

It's a no brainer to me that you need to find a way to pay out the prize money that was supposed to go out this season. You can get creative on how you want to do it but you should do it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hmm, my league is having a problem with determining draft order. We were in the middle of the playoffs but now the suspension of the NHL puts a wrench in those plans. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the feedback in advance

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    Hmm, my league is having a problem with determining draft order. We were in the middle of the playoffs but now the suspension of the NHL puts a wrench in those plans. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks for the feedback in advance
    My plan is to rank everyone as you normally would, except the remaining teams in the playoffs will have to be ranked in some way - that's if the season is completely over now. My league currently has 6 teams remaining - I would probably rank them by regular season finish at the back end of the round. If this had happened a bit later, I would have taken into account teams that were eliminated in the first round and rank them as per usual, then the remaining playoff teams ranked by regular season standings.

So lets say this outbreak happened in your h2h finals - you'd do the draft order exactly as per usual, but you would have to decide who picks last and 2nd last between the two remaining teams - personally I would rank them based on regular season results but you could see if people prefer a different way of doing it (coin toss/lottery simulator?)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    My plan is to rank everyone as you normally would, except the remaining teams in the playoffs will have to be ranked in some way - that's if the season is completely over now. My league currently has 6 teams remaining - I would probably rank them by regular season finish at the back end of the round. If this had happened a bit later, I would have taken into account teams that were eliminated in the first round and rank them as per usual, then the remaining playoff teams ranked by regular season standings.

So lets say this outbreak happened in your h2h finals - you'd do the draft order exactly as per usual, but you would have to decide who picks last and 2nd last between the two remaining teams - personally I would rank them based on regular season results but you could see if people prefer a different way of doing it (coin toss/lottery simulator?)
    this is mainly for the bottom 6 teams, as we are in the middle of the first round. Would you still base it on regular season standings?

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    this is mainly for the bottom 6 teams, as we are in the middle of the first round. Would you still base it on regular season standings?
    If no teams have won or lost a round in the playoffs, then I would probably just go by regular season standings yeah.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    What a ****ing awkward spot I'm in as commissioner of my league and also 1st place...
    That makes 2 of us! And to boot, my wife is in 2nd place. I have no idea how to be perceived as impartial with whatever decision is made.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I pray there there is some sort of abbreviated regular season when play resumes again. I am the commish of a h2h keeper league. we are down to the final 4 in our playoffs and 2 of the teams went all in, trading away almost all of their picks and future assets to win this year. cancelling the season and splitting the pot, and not having a real champ would really kill those two teams.
    SBF Keeper League // 10 Teams // NHL Salary Cap //
    4C, 8W, 6D, 1G, 4B
    G=3pts, A=2pts, Shots=.2, PIMS=.2, Blocks=.2pts, Hits=.2pts, PPP=.5pts, SHP=1pt, GWG=.5pts,
    W=3pts, SO=4pts, GA=-.5, Saves=.1pt

St. Petterssons

C: Pettersson, Zacha, Novak, Kurashev, Lapierre
    W: Kucherov, Draisaitl, Hyman, W Nylander, Bratt, P Kane, Roslovic, Milano, A Nylander, M Jones
    D: Theodore, Seider, Gostisbehere, Harley, York, Perunovich, Sandin
    G: Skinner

*Bold means I can't drop them (but I can trade them).

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by jessenguyen41 View Post
    I pray there there is some sort of abbreviated regular season when play resumes again. I am the commish of a h2h keeper league. we are down to the final 4 in our playoffs and 2 of the teams went all in, trading away almost all of their picks and future assets to win this year. cancelling the season and splitting the pot, and not having a real champ would really kill those two teams.
    Ya that is the situation where the decision will be most impactful. Keepers where teams went all in and others loaded up on picks.

Dobber Sports Titan

Personally, I think we're all overthinking this. It's fantasy hockey. Whatever decision is made in your league will get some grumbles, but we all know it's a unique situation and we'll be ok with whatever happens.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Another interesting discussion item for leagues - how to deal with players who might have increased value at a later date this spring.

For example, I'm in one-year leagues where players like Tomas Hertl, Jake Guentzel, and Steven Stamkos were dropped.
    These players were deemed out for remainder of regular season (thru Apr 5th).

What is any of them get healthy enough by a later time, if say - NHL resumes regular season in mid-April?
    If they are owned - do their owners get to play them?
    If they are unowned - does the first-come first-serve team get to pick them up?

That can be a dicey potential situation.
    It's a very messy situation - and leagues & commissioners that discuss these possibilities in advance will be better prepared if they actually occur.