Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Max Domi would be a possible player who might not be able to play due to his diabetes. I'm sure there's others who are "at risk" and might not play due to doctor recommendations. Pretty sure Kakko has diabetes too. Another is Luke Kunin with Minny, and to a lesser extent Cory Conacher with TBL
    I'm joe average and have diabetes type 2 / under control . I took a few weeks off when it all started but have been back to work in the public mix . My fam doc says since my diabetes is under great control I'm at no greater risk than someone without it .

an nhl'er with diabetes will certainly have his diabetes in check and would be at no higher risk

Dobber Sports Monster

More format details ironed out

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-playoffs-to-b...ries-1.1483118

"Under the league's Return to Play format, 16 teams will play in best-of-five series to determine the final eight spots in the playoffs but each round after will be the traditional length.

Teams will, however, be re-seeded after each round of the playoffs, as opposed to the bracketed format used since the 2013-14 season."

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL! Sad part is this is true.

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/st...42187823861761

This week marks the first time in the Toronto Maple Leafs' 102-year history that their season is still alive in June.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Monster

Also regarding the format:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/sta...08347542032385

"Round Robin is great. 4 teams per confrence playing 3 games. The winner will be the #1 seed. Team finishing 2 will be #2 etc. Tiebracket will be season standings."

So the top 4 teams in each conference will indeed be playing a round robin to determine seeding. Good chance regular season standings is used as a tiebreaker, so there is still some useage of their regular season performance.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Also regarding the format:

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/sta...08347542032385

"Round Robin is great. 4 teams per confrence playing 3 games. The winner will be the #1 seed. Team finishing 2 will be #2 etc. Tiebracket will be season standings."

So the top 4 teams in each conference will indeed be playing a round robin to determine seeding. Good chance regular season standings is used as a tiebreaker, so there is still some useage of their regular season performance.
    The Eastern conference round robin will be definitely meaningful as whoever finished 4th will most likely play Pittsburgh second round.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

July 10th - Camps set to open

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-training-camp...y-10-1.1485110

The National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players Association have agreed to open traning camps on July 10 should it be deemed safe to do so, it was announced Thursday.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

Can’t come soon enough !!
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Can’t come soon enough !!
    Amen Doc... Amen!

​​

Dobber Sports Monster

Wow that was the best case scenario date (at this point in the negotiations). So hockey probably kicks off again first week of August.

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

I'm definitely down for some hockey!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

I've been playing poker on zoom with a couple NHL employees (both in marketing, not your typical "hockey guys") on Saturday nights during the pandemic. It's been interesting listening to them talk about this situation -- they're professionals so they obviously aren't giving us any confidential info but the league has been at this a while. I really hope they get it right, and I'm sure they are taking it seriously because they have a lot invested in the players.

This has been a really tough situation for people, businesses, and even the NHL (one of the guys that works for a team is temporarily laid off). People in a lot of industries are hurting bad and desperate to get back to work. It is pretty clear that in some places this led to re-opening too early and in a lot of those places we are seeing another spike. Waiting until July for camp seems like a good plan. Get everyone out there a couple of weeks earlier, make sure everyone is OK and clear, keep them in a little NHL bubble, then get rolling. I'm up for some late summer hockey!
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Any more news about players signing ELCs during the pause and being allowed to play come the playoffs? I hear the PA is really fighting hard against the league on this one.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Any more news about players signing ELCs during the pause and being allowed to play come the playoffs? I hear the PA is really fighting hard against the league on this one.
    I hope they are not allowed to play!

My biggest question that I think the NHL needs to determine soon is where are the two hub cities.

I heard that the Flames are considering having training camp in the states to help to reduce the effect of a 14 day quarantine. But wouldn't they be upset if the league decides to utilize Edmonton or Vancouver as a hub city... then they have to come back to Canada and quarantine anyways.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I hope they are not allowed to play!

My biggest question that I think the NHL needs to determine soon is where are the two hub cities.

I heard that the Flames are considering having training camp in the states to help to reduce the effect of a 14 day quarantine. But wouldn't they be upset if the league decides to utilize Edmonton or Vancouver as a hub city... then they have to come back to Canada and quarantine anyways.
    That quarantine is only if you go from the states to canada. USA lifted this for athletes returning to work. So this move of having everyone in the States and doing a 14 day quarantine is more team level thought path. Which makes sense. You get everyone together in an aspect of you get to hangout with your teammates again and talk (in small groups). Get players in the mental state of "this is actually hockey".

July10th is training camps. Just after this was announced the NBA announced they were 1 day ahead of schedule and are looking to start July 30th. I think the two leagues are racing to be the first to start. Why announce 1 day ahead of schedule?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll