Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    I think the NHL's "regular season" is done with regardless of how the season continues. None of the stats going forward will count towards regular season totals is my guess.
    Agreed. I was really hoping they would bring all the teams back for a final 4-games each and that could be used to do a roto-style Battle Royale. But the risk of bringing players in who have no shot at the playoffs makes no sense, the last few games of the regular season are usually bad enough for last place teams. My H-2-H league had 8 teams left in the playoffs when the season was paused. I highly doubt there is a way to declare a League Champ.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

Playoff pools over Zoom?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Master

now that its somewhat official that finishing the regular season isnt happening I wonder when fantrax will open 2020-21 league renewals so we can conduct offseason chores or start new league etc.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Playoff pools over Zoom?
    Only if pants are optional!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-to-make-retur...oday-1.1479427

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman will make an announcement Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. ET regarding the NHL's Return to Play format, the league said Tuesday afternoon in a news release.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

I really don't feel excited by this at all. hopefully once games start up that changes.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I really don't feel excited by this at all. hopefully once games start up that changes.
    whats weird is its likely close to 2 months away from even starting .

Dobber Sports Deity

Hitler sums it nicely for me.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

It's a shitty situation and some of the logic will suck but once games are happening it's going to be a fun ride!

It's a shitty situation and some of the logic will suck but once games are happening it's going to be a fun ride!
    Exactly!!

And I am glad the Habs are in... they are gonna beat the Penguins first round!!

There is only one team I like less than the Habs... and you all know who that is!!

I borrow from Brad Pitt in the Money ball...

There's the Habs....

Then there's 50 feet of crap...

Then there's the Pens....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

I only skimmed priors quickly, so hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's idea.

But I hope the NHL has put some consideration into fan noise and atmosphere. Not a "fan track" like sitcoms use.
    Instead, real online fans watching from home, miked up through their computer or console, with their actual cheering being put through the internet and funneled into the stadium sound systems.

The logistics might be difficult to overcome in time (e.g. streaming audio delays, especially with thousands of people connected at the same time) but I hope they are at least considering something like this.

Otherwise, it's going to be a tough adjustment without the fan atmosphere. Think about Montreal, in particular - that's probably my favourite building to watch because the fan atmosphere is just so good. The Pens Habs series just won't be the same without the Montreal fan noise.

Administrator

Head-to-head playoffs are done.

Dobber Sports Monster

Head-to-head playoffs are done.
    My Commish just sent out the winnings.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I only skimmed priors quickly, so hopefully I'm not repeating someone else's idea.

But I hope the NHL has put some consideration into fan noise and atmosphere. Not a "fan track" like sitcoms use.
    Instead, real online fans watching from home, miked up through their computer or console, with their actual cheering being put through the internet and funneled into the stadium sound systems.

The logistics might be difficult to overcome in time (e.g. streaming audio delays, especially with thousands of people connected at the same time) but I hope they are at least considering something like this.

Otherwise, it's going to be a tough adjustment without the fan atmosphere. Think about Montreal, in particular - that's probably my favourite building to watch because the fan atmosphere is just so good. The Pens Habs series just won't be the same without the Montreal fan noise.
    I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that fan noise is something players don't care about and don't notice. Of course it's easy to say when you're used to it and probably don't notice it, but they might notice it when it's not there.

I know over in Europe they were pumping fan noise into soccer stadiums during games.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that fan noise is something players don't care about and don't notice. Of course it's easy to say when you're used to it and probably don't notice it, but they might notice it when it's not there.

I know over in Europe they were pumping fan noise into soccer stadiums during games.
    Fan noise is a double-edge sword. All this talk about how loud it is in Winnipeg... well two season back when the Jets were playing the Predators and the Predators won game six by a score of 1-0... that arena was silent... you could sense the tension of then fans. If loud and rowdy fans pump a team up... then you have to imagine that when those fans get tense and quiet it has to be discouraging.

​​