Thread: John Gibson and ANA. Pains in my a**

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default John Gibson and ANA. Pains in my a**

I love how 3 games ago on March 4th against Colorado, nobody knew who was starting for a 9:30 game until about 9:31...after the position had been locked on Fantrax. Nothing on Twitter, nowhere.

Now we try and get any info on Gibson’s injury and you may as well just sit Gibson all week of some H2H leagues because nobody is saying a thing.

Gibson is a pain. Anaheim is a pain. Their late games are a pain.

Rant over.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: John Gibson and ANA. Pains in my a**

It being a back to back I would imagine even if Gibson is okay, they might just have Miller start this game to give Gibson another day or rest anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yuuuuuup. It got to the point a few years ago where I would put at least the slightest tidbit of that into my rankings going into a yearly draft. If I felt Gibson (or any Cali goalie) was close to someone, I'd rank them lower because of the season long headaches they brought.

Dobber Sports Monster

It really is a pain especially if you have a bunch of goalies who start earlier most often.

I wonder if the Dobber mag could talk about this in a feature - team and coach tendencies in terms of when they announce their starter. For instance Randy Carlyle was notorious at not announcing his starter which back in the Anaheim days was a huge pain in the rear end. Or maybe it exists already somewhere on the Dobber network. Im not sure what you can do - maybe if the broadcaster has a pregame show you can tune in and hear who they said lead the team on the ice. But IIRC that March 4th game was delayed for some reason which messed things up....

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    It really is a pain especially if you have a bunch of goalies who start earlier most often.

I wonder if the Dobber mag could talk about this in a feature - team and coach tendencies in terms of when they announce their starter. For instance Randy Carlyle was notorious at not announcing his starter which back in the Anaheim days was a huge pain in the rear end. Or maybe it exists already somewhere on the Dobber network. Im not sure what you can do - maybe if the broadcaster has a pregame show you can tune in and hear who they said lead the team on the ice. But IIRC that March 4th game was delayed for some reason which messed things up....
    Even the play-by-play guy and beat writer didn’t post anything against Colorado until after Fantrax froze rosters. Sometimes they do and trust me, I follow them because if I didn’t, I wouldn’t even bother owning Gibson.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    It being a back to back I would imagine even if Gibson is okay, they might just have Miller start this game to give Gibson another day or rest anyways.
    Until Gibson starts tonight and you realize your whole matchup is toast.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gibson not dress tonight...Nothing for future....
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Master

on the bright side gibby and the ducks usually play on off nights so you can just plug him in and hope for the best while your other goalie or two are off .

Dobber Sports Initiate

And for tonight...good thing the Ducks are being so secretive with Gibson, it should help their playoff drive by making their inferior opponent have to prepare for an unknown starter.

Dobber Sports Jedi

If Gibson didn't dress last night. He's not playing tonight.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4