Thread: Santa Clara County Event Ban - To impact Sharks, Habs, Bruins and Coyotes games this month

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Santa Clara County Event Ban - To impact Sharks, Habs, Bruins and Coyotes games this month

This is related to the coronavirus outbreak.

https://twitter.com/SanJoseSharks/st...24598246010881

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...22233577271296

"Frank Seravalli
    @frank_seravalli
    ·
    33m
    Told the #sjsharks will abide by Santa Clara County’s order / guideline. Three options now for three home games sked during ban on mass gatherings.

1) Play w/o fans in SAP Center
    2) Neutral Site
    3) Postpone & Reschedule

Exact path TBD, plenty of time w team away on 9-day trip."

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...08832557887489

"San Jose
    @mercnews
    reporting all gatherings over 1,000 have been banned in Santa Clara County - including #sjsharks games at SAP Center. Ban takes effect at midnight on Wed, lasts 3 wks, includes 3 home games (vs. MTL 3/19, vs. BOS 3/21 and vs. ARI 3/29)."

Just a heads up if you own anyone from these teams - this could affect your fantasy playoff planning. Lets hope this doesnt get worse as we get closer to the actual playoffs.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Santa Clara County Event Ban - To impact Sharks, Habs, Bruins and Coyotes games this month

I think I only own Karlsson in a couple leagues so the Sharks are already useless to me.

What I'm really worried about is I have tickets for Tool in a few months. If I have to miss Tool we will definitely have a problem.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Santa Clara County Event Ban - To impact Sharks, Habs, Bruins and Coyotes games this month

Pretty wild that this is happening. I expect it won't be the last.

Big Daddy

It’s only going to get worse before it gets better. Expect all major events to be canceled. I wouldn’t count on your Tool concert. Pearl Jam just canceled their North American tour. The Dublin and Boston St. Patrick’s Day parades have been canceled. All Italian Serie A games have been postponed until at least the first week of April. I’ve seen that it is more likely than not that both the Olympics and UEFA Euro 2020 will be postponed or even canceled. At this point I’m expecting it is only a matter of time before we see more NHL games and even the playoffs canceled.

Dobber Sports Guru

Rescheduling won't be easy considering two of those teams are East Coast.

One option I've heard is maybe the should play the game at the other team's arena. So the Sharks would play their home game in Montreal (they'd have to figure out a way for the revenue from the game to work), for example. But that creates a lot of trouble for Montreal (play in Anaheim and L.A., fly home to Montreal to play the Sharks and then fly out to Colorado).

That option also won't work too well if other areas start to have a ban and the game is with two teams fighting for a playoff spot.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Monster

LeBrun saying the Sharks are leaning towards playing the game vs Habs on the same day with an empty building. That will be WEIRD

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Empty buildings are likely the way to go with teams travel schedules.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.