Thread: Incredible Dynasty Forming- Slow Draft through the Off-season!!

The Great One

Default Incredible Dynasty Forming- Slow Draft through the Off-season!!

Starting a badass dunasty league- from scratch- were up to 3 maybe 4 committed and basically just looking for 10. Itd be a cool way to get through the playoff/off season grind as we can do a "slow draft" posting our picks online over the off-season once we get to 10!!!

Its an immensely deep league and its a salary cap so were looking for knowledgable owners who can balance being competetive with building towards the future.

* Cats are skater- G, A, P, PPP, Sog = 1 point, Pim, Hits, blocks = 0.5 for 6.5 skater cats. Goalie cats are Saves, GAA, wins = 1, and SO 0.5. Total of 10 cats you can win HTH- daily changes

* 4C, 4RW, 4LW, 5D, 2G, 8 Bn= a 27 man pro team

* 27 man farm team made up from anyone not drafted in the main draft. Managing your internal farm team will be critical to success in this league. 27 man roster is pretty deep- as 10 teams will mean 540 players are active between pro and farm rosters.

* Each year there will be a draft comprised of NHL entry draftees and any new signees to a NHL property from a russian, european or collegiate league. There is no maximum on how many draft picks you can accrue or how many guys you can have your junior roster. There is only a time limit. You have three years to make a decision on them. Once they are promoted to your farm or pro team they are no longer eligible to be moved back down. Before the season you will have to make a decision on any 4th year players wether to cut them or promote them.

* Cap floats 30 million above the NHL salary cap. When you drop a guy whose salary is under 4 million to your farm they are eligible to be claimed via waivers. So having good depth pieces that can be moved up and down without exposure to waivers is critical and adds value to those guys.

* One critical difference in this league is that we'll have limited waiver moves AND a waiver freeze for the first 6 weeks. After 6 weeks we'll hold a mini draft each year of three rounds. The FA pool will be available to draft guys that have emerged in that time or carved out a role on their NHL team. If you want to pass on any given round you can and you can keep those picks as waiver moves. So hypothetically everyone drafts 3 guys and then has FIVE waiver moves left for the year- but you could hypothetically have up to 8. Thats obviousl a very low number of waiver moves so if you prefer a more streaming friendly setup this might not be the league for you. Waivers CLOSE for playoffs.

* Were actually leaning towards Game of Thrones themed fantasy names- lol! We have House Stark Dire Wolves and House Targaryen Dragons with the other tem in the works still. Thought GOT is big enough that we could try it out as a theme!

* Lastly Ill be doing "articles" for the league at key juntures and Im hoping this can be a platform for anyone wanting to do creative writing. Writing your own articles, doing trade breakdowns or even writing out your mobes, trades, waiver adds- as a journalistic type piece- as an interview or an insiders breakdown piece. Very creative writing friendly and hope to get some cheesy good fun in that way!!

* Be 30-40 CDN- paid to the leaguesafe and paid out in a winner heavy format. Run through fantrax as they have a great setup for multi tiered teams (aka pro, farm, and junior.)

If youre interested please dont hesitate to email me at [email protected] and I can send a league invite so you can check out the specs!!

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Incredible Dynasty Forming- Slow Draft through the Off-season!!

I am in buddy! Let's get this league rolling!

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by StuntMan12 View Post
    I am in buddy! Let's get this league rolling!
    Hey mang- we hit 10- lol!!

Anyone else wants in were going til wait til Monday to close out the applications- its a deep player pool but we can handle 12-14 owners easily if theres an interest- in fact i think the player choices would be more interesting with at least two more teams.

last couple days to get in- woot woot!!

League of Thrones!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

I emailed you, but I’m in too!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Me and a friend might be interested, do you have 2 spots left?

The Great One

Yep- I sent to you already right?

Yhis is not a bump!!

:P