Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

Administrator

Default Re: 2020 Dobber NHL Playoff Draft - Discussion

I'm still interested in being a part of this.
    I'm also not taking this too seriously so I won't offer much push-back for rules and decisions. I'm here for the fun.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Same here - I’m available all July to draft and I’m in for whatever we do
    - like I said - just looking forward to some hockey!
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm still interested in being a part of this.
    I'm also not taking this too seriously so I won't offer much push-back for rules and decisions. I'm here for the fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Same here - I’m available all July to draft and I’m in for whatever we do
    - like I said - just looking forward to some hockey!
    Thanks guys! I love this attitude towards it and I want to make it fun for everyone!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Interested! Cannot promise I won't fall off the face off the earth for two weeks, but will drop someone a list if that's the case.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Titan

Still here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

9 confirmed so far.

How am I not confirmed on this list? I have taken part in every other draft we have done the past 3 months.. I was even in a rodeo draft..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

The Wolverine

When do you plan on finalising the number of entries? Are you still looking to start on the 10th?

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    When do you plan on finalising the number of entries? Are you still looking to start on the 10th?
    Here are my thoughts on starting date :

- We picked July 10th as that was the day that training camp was expected to start.
    - The date for training camp was moved to July 13.
    - If we start on July 10th there is the risk that some players may opt out between July 10th and July 13th.
    - If we start on July 13th and games are expected to star on August 1 that gives us 18 days to get through 12-16 rounds of drafting.

Is 18 days sufficient timing? If it is I think that is the fairest choice for all. It would suck if someone picked Jack Eichel on July 10th and then we got news on July 12th that Jack Eichel is not reporting to training camp.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Let's start after the opt-out date. We'll make it work and if the draft is moving too slow we can make adjustments.

Is there a way to edit thread subscription (for one thread only) to get email notifications? I'm not around as much these days so I'll need some kind of message to make sure I'm around.

The Wolverine

Is there a way to edit thread subscription (for one thread only) to get email notifications? I'm not around as much these days so I'll need some kind of message to make sure I'm around.
    I don't use email notifications, but if you go to the Thread Tools at the top of this thread, there's an option to add a subscription and choice on the method. I assume that would work but haven't tested it.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Here are my thoughts on starting date :

- We picked July 10th as that was the day that training camp was expected to start.
    - The date for training camp was moved to July 13.
    - If we start on July 10th there is the risk that some players may opt out between July 10th and July 13th.
    - If we start on July 13th and games are expected to star on August 1 that gives us 18 days to get through 12-16 rounds of drafting.

Is 18 days sufficient timing? If it is I think that is the fairest choice for all. It would suck if someone picked Jack Eichel on July 10th and then we got news on July 12th that Jack Eichel is not reporting to training camp.
    Happy to wait until training camp starts. If we have to cut the length of the draft to complete it, then that's fine.

Let's start after the opt-out date. We'll make it work and if the draft is moving too slow we can make adjustments.

Do we know the opt out date?

And I am not aware of a way to get an email notification for just one thread (unless you 'unsubscribe' from any other active thread you are part of and then turn on notification) Which just sounds like a pain.

However... if you have your notifications on form PMs, we can send you PMs when it is starting and when it is your turn to pick.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm still in for this.

On the topic of the start date though, it sounds like the NHLPA is going to have a three day window from when the CBA & RTP are ratified to be able to opt out of playing in the RTP phase 3 and on. With the expected agreement either today or soon after, we will likely have a full list of opt-outs by July 9-11 range, and then once that's finalized we can get going. This also means we will have three days of notice to set our exact start date, be it the 10th, the 13th, or whatever in between.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Happy to wait until training camp starts. If we have to cut the length of the draft to complete it, then that's fine.
    Thanks. For those with auto-subscribe you just have to unsubscribe and re-subscribe. Then you get the option on subscription method.