Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Outbreak

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Coronavirus Outbreak

Iv'e got a trip to Hawaii booked with the wife for May 22 - June 10. I can still get full refunds for the accommodations and flight credits for the air travel.

Only 2 cases in Hawaii so far, however layover both ways will go through LAX or SFO.

Would you guys go or cancel?

Dobber Sports Titan

How long can you wait before cancelling?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Iv'e got a trip to Hawaii booked with the wife for May 22 - June 10. I can still get full refunds for the accommodations and flight credits for the air travel.

Only 2 cases in Hawaii so far, however layover both ways will go through LAX or SFO.

I have a trip booked for the Dominican Republic from 21st Mar - 28 Mar. No fear on my part on going.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

As of now, I'd go without hesitation. By all means take proper precautions (wash your hands, etc), but I still think the biggest danger of the trip will be the car rides to and from the airports.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    As of now, I'd go without hesitation. By all means take proper precautions (wash your hands, etc), but I still think the biggest danger of the trip will be the car rides to and from the airports.
    That and take lysol wipes to disinfect your airplane seat and tray.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How long can you wait before cancelling?
    Mar 23rd - about two weeks. Keeping an eye on it closely.

I'm leaning toward going as well. Been trying to visit Hawaii forever and it would be a bitch to reschedule everything for Sept. The only thing that makes me uneasy is having to go through the CA airports.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That and take lysol wipes to disinfect your airplane seat and tray.
    Ya, if "Undercover Boss" has taught me anything is that the cleaning crew has about 5minutes/plane to clean. They practically only re-position the seatbelts and pick up garbage. Nothing is ever really cleaned. It's prolly a bit different in today's environment but there isn't much actual cleaning happening.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

How crazy would it be if the season were halted suddenly and they have to figure out playoff seeding for later using standings where team GP is not equal...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    How crazy would it be if the season were halted suddenly and they have to figure out playoff seeding for later using standings where team GP is not equal...
    The NHL while a small matter in the grand scheme of things has its work cut out for it. the County San Jose plays in has banned gathering of larger than 1,000 people.

This leaves the Sharks with the following options:
    1. Play in their arena without fans;
    2. Temporarily play elsewhere;
    3. Cancel games

I suspect the NHL wants to avoid #3 at all costs. Although the Sharks are out of the playoff picture many of the teams they are playing are not. It's simply enough to say play in the empty arena but I'm sure both Sharks players and opposing teams will not love the idea of being forced to travel to corona infected areas to play. Not sure what other arenas are out there that are capable on short notice. Would be interesting to see a short trial run for would be Arizona relocation destiations. Do Houston or Cleveland have arenas capable of making ice on short notice ?

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...Outbreak/page4
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Wizard

Two European leagues, EBEL in Austria and DEL in Germany, have decided to not have playoffs at all. The Swiss league NLA is expected to be next to do the same.

The Russian KHL is considering adding some restrictions at least, maybe limit the number of people in the audience. Their playoffs are already fully ongoing, so it's unlikely they'll cancel the playoffs entirely.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think the socially responsible thing to do is cancel your vacation and stay home. If everyone just stayed home for 14 days, this virus will disappear. I know you're saying to yourself but hey I've been looking forward to this vacation and my destination hasn't seen a lot of cases but you are increasing your risk of becoming infected by going to the airport, flying, taking taxes/public transportation at your destination, sharing a closed environment if you're going to a resort. And then you risk bringing this virus back to Canada potentially unawares. There have been many cases of people having very mild symptoms of even being asymptomatic while being infectious. I'm sure we can all manage without a vacation abroad for a few months.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Monster

Just came back from a trip to Edmonton to watch McDavid play this past Saturday. Went to the mall and every where you go, you would hear people talking about covid19. Seen many masks. Not sure if there are any cases there or not. Carried around a bottle of hand sanitizer at all times. Glad were home now.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I think the socially responsible thing to do is cancel your vacation and stay home. If everyone just stayed home for 14 days, this virus will disappear.
    That would help for sure but realistically most people can't miss a paycheque. I can't, and I don't get paid sick days or vacations. I don't even have a medical plan. There would have to be some kind of grace period or something like that instituted for utilities and rent that the average person will not be able to pay if they miss 2 weeks of work.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    That would help for sure but realistically most people can't miss a paycheque. I can't, and I don't get paid sick days or vacations. I don't even have a medical plan. There would have to be some kind of grace period or something like that instituted for utilities and rent that the average person will not be able to pay if they miss 2 weeks of work.
    Yeah, I know practically this advice is not doable as many are in your situation. But when it comes to vacations at least, people are in control.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I think the socially responsible thing to do is cancel your vacation and stay home. If everyone just stayed home for 14 days, this virus will disappear. I know you're saying to yourself but hey I've been looking forward to this vacation and my destination hasn't seen a lot of cases but you are increasing your risk of becoming infected by going to the airport, flying, taking taxes/public transportation at your destination, sharing a closed environment if you're going to a resort. And then you risk bringing this virus back to Canada potentially unawares. There have been many cases of people having very mild symptoms of even being asymptomatic while being infectious. I'm sure we can all manage without a vacation abroad for a few months.
    Yeah - screw everyone who depends on travel and the economy for a living. It’s really easy for an airline to shut down for 2 weeks. If you’re over 60 and/or have health issues this virus may exacerbate then stay home. Otherwise quit wringing your hands like some ill informed idiot and live your life. This hysteria is quite possibly the stupidest thing that’s ever happened. Ever.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch