Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Laine or Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Laine or Svechnikov

Svechnikov slightly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Svech for me but maybe I am biased cuz I own him lol
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Svech for me. I think their talent levels or ceilings are similar but everything I've ever read about Svech is that the kid has a phenomenal work ethic and a great attitude. Laine on the other hand has been criticized for moping and lacking in focus at various points since coming into the league.

Again, their ceilings are similar and they're both very young, so who knows what will happen, but right now I'd bet on the kid with the great attitude as being the likelier of the two to achieve his full potential.
    Yes indeed. This is the article I read about a year ago, and why I targeted him in a trade this season. Legit player in the making....
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...colts-profile/

LaFontaine sees Svechnikov as a cross between countrymen Ovechkin and Nikita Kucherov, a mixture of raw power and creativity. Vanbiesbrouck compares him to Los Angeles Kings centre Jeff Carter because of their physiques and the release on their shots. Vanbiesbrouck also likens the way Svechnikov controls the puck and takes it to the net to Mr. Hockey himself. “I don’t want to put him in Gordie’s category just yet, but just that raw talent of size and strength and being able to have the puck on your stick so strongly — that’s unique. I don’t see a lot of that.”

Svechnikov not only pushes the pace on the ice, Luchuk says it’s next to impossible to keep up in the weight room when he’s at his top form. And thanks to weekly English lessons, his personality started shining through, too. Ford describes him as a joker, someone who’s jubilant and positive. He’s quick with a smile whether he’s among teammates or talking to a reporter in the stands on an off-day. His motto, “Svech is ready,” is something he says to Hawerchuk before he steps on the ice. “If something doesn’t go right in practice, I’ll say, ‘Oh, Svech not ready.’ And he says, ‘Svech always ready,’” Hawerchuk explains, laughing. “He’s just a personality. It’s infectious. He’s always on.”
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Dobber Sports Stud

Svechnikov, just as explosive as Laine imo, but with a safer floor. He’ll go crazy with Aho and Teravainen.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I vote for Svech... I think he's a more well rounded player (shooter, playmaker, hits...)

Laine uber talented sniper but not much else

I'm actually actively trying to acquire Svech in a league... if I were to offer Kucherov, how much more of a plus should I be asking the other guy for?
    H2h cats, G A SOG HTS BLKS

Dobber Sports Icon

I would prefer Svechnikov.