Thread: Goalie IR train - Who to pick up?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie IR train - Who to pick up?

My goalie situation has gone from bad to worse. I've clinched a playoff spot, but need to try to secure something for the playoffs. I currently have Grubauer, Bishop and Markstrom on IR/IR+. I have Francouz holding down the fort, and just grabbed Khudobin to replace Bishop (dropped Anders Nilsson from IR). I have Lundqvist still on my roster, but as I've been fighting my personal feelings, I guess it's finally time to drop him. So possible options from the FA pool to fill in are in the bleak list below, and I'm looking for opinions on best option(s) as a third goalie position?

Lundqvist (currently on roster)
    Shesterkin (currently on my farm team, but IR now anyway)
    Demko (currently on my farm team)
    Schneider
    Stalock
    Petersen
    Korpisalo
    Nedeljkovic
    Bernier

I suppose I could just run with Francouz and Khudobin if the above list is better off avoiding, but I've always leaned towards having 3 goalies.

Weekly H2H league - GA, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG - W, GAA, SV%, SHO - 3 min goalie starts per week

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Goalie IR train - Who to pick up?

With that kind of category split, and those goalie options, I would 100% want the extra skater rather than a 3rd goalie.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Goalie IR train - Who to pick up?

Like Eskimo Brother said, roll with the extra skater. Especially since there are so many skater categories. You may even win SV% if Dobby and Francouz play well behind their teams.
    In a 12 man league where we start 9F, 5D, 1 skater and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 2 players but if kept in consecutive season, the draft position is subtracted 5 rounds (17th rounder to 12th rounder).

G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, HIT, BLK, and DEF.

F - Zibenajad, Nugent-Hopkins, Panarin, Marchand, Hoffman, Cirelli, Kaprizov, Josh Anderson, Burakovsky, Kotkaniemi, Hischier, Arvidsson,
    D - Slavin, Doughty, Weber, M. Pettersson, Orlov, McNabb

W, SV, SV% and SO.

G - Varlamov, Sorokin, Lehner, Binnington
    IR - Rossi

BRING HOCKEY TO HOUSTON TEXAS!!!