Thread: Potential Rittich Pickup

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Potential Rittich Pickup

I'm currently in the second round of playoffs and the guy I'm playing just dropped David Rittich. I've got Kuemper, Gibson, Varlamov, and Greiss. I'm thinking about dropping Greiss for Rittich (we only have 4 goalie spots.) Goalie stats are W, SV%, SO, and SV. What do y'all think?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Potential Rittich Pickup

Yes I would drop Greiss for Rittich.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Greiss played only 1 of the last 10 games for NYI. However, after this week, NYI has the most games so Greiss might get more play. With that said, while Greiss was great all year, he recently started to struggle which is why he has been playing less.

Rittich is the starter, but has had lots of 4 GAA games in his last 10. That is why he was dropped. If you pick him up, then you would need to spot start him to avoid the bad games. You might be better off letting someone else pick him up and seeing who they drop. If it's your opponent then Rittich's bad starts might help you win.

The question really is are more starts valuable or better starts? Unfortunately, Greiss' starts might not be better.

If it were me, I would probably grab Rittich and try to spot start him to get the gems.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Novice

Right now I believe more starts are going to be helpful. My goal is to win SV and possibly W. My skaters are rock solid, so I really just need to win one or two goalie cats.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by FutureHoustonHockeyteamFan View Post
    Right now I believe more starts are going to be helpful. My goal is to win SV and possibly W. My skaters are rock solid, so I really just need to win one or two goalie cats.
    Is Crawford available on the FA list? Who else is there?
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Novice

Samsonov, Lundqvist, Ullmark, Talbot, Schneider, Quick, Jake Allen, Howard are the next guys after Rittich.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Greiss is playing tonight, so I'd wait on this move.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by FutureHoustonHockeyteamFan View Post
    Samsonov, Lundqvist, Ullmark, Talbot, Schneider, Quick, Jake Allen, Howard are the next guys after Rittich.
    Shoot - those are some slim pickings. Rittich is probably the best bet. As stevegamer said though, NYI might be back to the 50/50 split. Varly's last 2 games were 4 GAA and Greiss might be back in the mix.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm going to wait on adding him after tonight. If Greiss plays well and gets a W, I'll probably keep him over Rittich. Mu opponent's goalies are pretty solid, so I'll need some luck. He's got Hellebuyck, Price, Blackwood, and Mrazek.