Thread: Injury hell - 3 bandaids?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Injury hell - 3 bandaids?

OK so I'm in a H2H 1-year league and am in goalie injury hell. Merzlikins and Markstrom out just in time for the playoffs. My third goalie is Rinne, so...not a great situation. The waiver wire is pretty sparse as well, with other owners beating me to the punch on some of the recent hot pickups. Stats are W-GA-GAA-SV%-SV-SO. So if you have to choose 3 goalies to limp into the playoffs with, who do you take of these options:

Rinne
    Crawford
    Jones
    Greiss
    Demko
    Quick
    Hutton
    Campbell
    Schneider
    Samsonov
    Bernier
    Hoberg

I'm in trouble.
    9 Team Keeper, Start 6F, 3C, 4D, 1G
    F- Panarin, Tavares, Aho, Lindholm, Hertl, Larkin, Miller, Lafreniere, Tatar, Meier
    D- Hedman, Hamilton, Fox, Pulock
    G- Rask

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Injury hell - 3 bandaids?

How many skater categories do you have?
    If you ran with Crawford and Samsonov as your goalies, would having an extra 4 skater games make a difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Demko could also be one of the better options there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by c00per67 View Post
    OK so I'm in a H2H 1-year league and am in goalie injury hell. Merzlikins and Markstrom out just in time for the playoffs. My third goalie is Rinne, so...not a great situation. The waiver wire is pretty sparse as well, with other owners beating me to the punch on some of the recent hot pickups. Stats are W-GA-GAA-SV%-SV-SO. So if you have to choose 3 goalies to limp into the playoffs with, who do you take of these options:

Rinne
    Crawford
    Jones
    Greiss
    Demko
    Quick
    Hutton
    Campbell
    Schneider
    Samsonov
    Bernier
    Hoberg

I'm in trouble.
    First Choices: Crawford and Demko - starters on their teams. Demko has been pretty bad, but he will get you starts.
    Second Choice: Samsonov and Greiss - both these guys will get you pretty good numbers when they play. Samsonov seems to be playing more then Greiss right now
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Interesting thought. There are 11 skater categories vs 7 for goalies, so the goalies are important. With only two goalies, and only one of them a starter, I'd worry about counting stats like wins and saves (and maybe even our 3 goalie appearance requirement) since most teams have 3 goalies and some have 4.
    F- Panarin, Tavares, Aho, Lindholm, Hertl, Larkin, Miller, Lafreniere, Tatar, Meier
    G- Rask

Dobber Sports Immortal

Not trouble. All you need is a few good starts. If you don't want to play the matchups I would roll Crawford and Demko as well. But if you can make moves during the week, with those goalies available I would strongly consider streaming some goalies.

Dobber Sports Novice

Keep an eye out for Ullmark when he comes back. He's still on IR at the moment, but he was playing very well before he got hurt a month or 2 ago. He skated and faced shots yesterday, might be back as early as next week. And Buffalo has a pretty high number of games in the next couple of weeks (albeit many against tough opponents). He will likely be eased back in though with Buffalo not having much to play for.

Jones has been playing much better the last month or so, but he is very hard to trust down the stretch based on his past performance and SJ packing it in.

Your 3 favorite of those 2, Crawford and Demko are probably your best bets if you're mostly worried about volume though. I like Demko the best, even though he's been bad recently. They're not gonna bench him and the Canucks will be playing for their playoff lives for the rest of the season.
    Both 10-Team Y! Leagues, Daily Rosters
    1) Points-ish: G=3 A=2 SHG=2 +/-=0.5 PPP=0.5 SOG=0.3 Hits=0.2 Block=0.1 FW=0.05 FL=-0.025 / W=3 SV=0.2 GA=-1 SO=3
    5 kept@draft cost
    3C: Draisaitl Zibanejad Larkin Kuznetsov Horvat
    3LW: Panarin Gadreau Gusev Bjorkstrand
    3RW: P Kane Boeser Buchnevich R Thomas
    5D: Provorov Hronek Chychrun Grzelcyk Spurgeon
    2G: Binnington Grubauer Ullmark (3 max)
    1 Util
    5 Bench

2) Cats: G A +/- PPP SOG Hits Blk PIM FW / W GAA SV% SO
    2 kept
    2C: Draisaitl Tavares Kadri Trocheck
    2LW: Marchessault Meier Kreider
    2RW: Marner Bjorkstrand Mantha
    4D: Josi Pionk Weber Chabot Spurgeon Cernak
    2G: Vasi Jarry
    1 Util
    ​5 B

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    How many skater categories do you have?
    If you ran with Crawford and Samsonov as your goalies, would having an extra 4 skater games make a difference?

- - - Updated - - -

Demko could also be one of the better options there.
    I like these options.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm going with Crawford and Samsonov, and then probably streaming the third spot
    G- Rask