Thread: Mrazek, Raanta or Greiss ROS

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Mrazek, Raanta or Greiss ROS

League is in my sig.

I pictured myself winning a governmental coup when I grabbed Mrazek off the FA list when it was announced he wouldn't be long in returning.

As I looked into it more and more, I became much less enamored with him - he just hasn't had a great year and the team in Carolina appears to be a big part of the problem. Right now Raanta and Greiss are both available on the FA list for pickup. I am wondering what my best strategy is:

1) Mrazek
    2) Raanta
    3) Greiss
    4) Streaming Goalies as my 4th (probably mostly these 3 guys assuming they aren't grabbed)

The guy I'm most likely to meet in the finals (assuming I get there) has:

Connor Hellebuyck Wpg - G
    Tristan Jarry Pit - G
    Marc-Andre Fleury VGK - G
    Jaroslav Halak Bos - G

Thoughts?
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Mrazek, Raanta or Greiss ROS

I would grab Raanta here. I mispoke earlier and thought Greiss was playing way more than he has been.

No interest in Mrazek anymore.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I would grab Raanta here. I mispoke earlier and thought Greiss was playing way more than he has been.

No interest in Mrazek anymore.
    Thanks. Inclined to agree with you. I dropped Mrazek and grabbed Raanta.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well I changed my mind. Raanta has been second fiddle to Kuemper since Kuemper returned. The ratios have been 65/35. That's not going to cut it (same reason I dropped Greiss). I expect Mrazek will get almost every start between now and the end of the year. I will need to manage his starts, but what he did last night would be perfect for me. This is especially true since Varly seems to be back to the crapper.

D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    IR+ - Tarasenko

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    Well I changed my mind. Raanta has been second fiddle to Kuemper since Kuemper returned. The ratios have been 65/35. That's not going to cut it (same reason I dropped Greiss). I expect Mrazek will get almost every start between now and the end of the year. I will need to manage his starts, but what he did last night would be perfect for me. This is especially true since Varly seems to be back to the crapper.
    This might warrant another thread- but what the heck do they do in Arizona next year??

Kuemper has basically run away with the starters role. hes proved it, hes been consistent, and they gave the reigns right back even though Raanta didnt have any huige gaffes in his game. I really believe its his net. If it was raantas hed be playing more and hes not- lol! That being said he was signed on as a starter and likely carries a lot of val;ue for some of these teams looking for a guy.

Worst case scenario for fantasy they keep both- but irl thats probably a great option especially the way things are goaling lately (oh yes I did!!). At 4.25 you keep him on as a backup? I mean Dallas sais you can- lol! That contract ends after next season. I wonder if they trade him while they have some price control or if his expiring contract drives his trade value into the muck?

Kuemper is signed two more years at 4.5 and has to be considered the horse at this point.