Thread: Off the radar prospects

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Off the radar prospects

Hi all,

My league is increasing our prospect pool from 15 to 23 in the off-season, with a 5 round minor draft we're going to have a few minor spots left over. It's safe to say all the well known minors are gone at this point, but I'm hoping to get some answers on prospects who might be going a little unnoticed right now.

As an exampled David Farrance in the NCAA is doing some good stuff as a defencemen and before the turn of the year Jack Dugan who has been a monster and I managed to pick up. Any position, I'm pretty set in my active team so also happy to wait years before they make it to the big leagues.

I would also be happy to take suggestions on draft eligible players likely not taken in the first round but could be worth a shot

League in Sig
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Off the radar prospects

If Yegor Zamula isn't taken, I'd recommend him. Flyers signed him as an UDFA, but he has shined brightly in the WHL and at the WJC, so he's likely gone. Depends how astute others are in your league.

All positions or D only? I'm pretty weak on D prospect knowledge, as I view them as the worst combination of payoff and projectability.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Adam Beckman is leading the WHL in scoring with 99 points (44g,55a) in 59 games without much fanfare.

Kirill Marchenko and Ivan Morozov make up SKA's teen line alongside Podkolzin and they have been playing fantastic together as of late. Marchenko scored 2 goals in his playoff debut the other day (Morozov assisted on both, Pod had one helper) and had another 2 goal game with an assist against Jokerit last week. The both, however, recently signed 2 year extensions to stay in St. Petersburg.

Cam Robinson has been talking up Canucks defense prospect Jack Rathbone quite a bit over the last month (Why Jack Rathbone is a prospect Canucks fans should be excited about.) I haven't payed a lot of attention to the NCAA this year but I scooped him up in one deep league.

Coyotes prospects Matias Maccelli & John Farinacci are worth keeping an eye on.

Leaf prospect Mikhail Abramov has 73 points in 60 games in the QMJL this year. The next highest scorer on his team has 37 points.

Dobber Sports Deity

16 teams with 15 prospects each is 240 already owned prospects (assuming all the teams are full) so finding a diamond in the rough is pretty hard. How long can you stash prospects for?

Its kinda hard to offer suggestions when we dont know who's even available and who's owned already. We can guess, I guess.

How about someone like Morgan Barron? Is he available? He's a good NS kid who looks good.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for all the replies, I realize its quite hard to know who is taken and who isn't but I thought it might take too long to read through every prospect taken haha

So far some great examples, Maccelli and Zamula are the only ones that have been taken as of right now
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I see you have only 1 goalie in the minors. Are any goalies drafted in either of the last 2 years available, and if so, who?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I see you have only 1 goalie in the minors. Are any goalies drafted in either of the last 2 years available, and if so, who?

Yeah I traded Dostal recently as part of a bigger trade.

Goalies available from last 2 drafts

Hugo Alnefelt
    Lukas Parik

Oliver Rodrigue
    Justus Annun
    Kevin Mandolese
    Alexis Gravel
    Jakob Skarek
    Jesper Eliasson

These are all the ones available. The main reason I sacrificed my minor goalies for this year (I also had Knight at one point) was because we only had 15 spaces (it was before it was decided to increase) and with Binnington, Vasy and Hart as my three mainstays, I knew I wasn't going to need one for a while.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by JayJJeffery View Post
    Yeah I traded Dostal recently as part of a bigger trade.

Goalies available from last 2 drafts

Hugo Alnefelt
    Lukas Parik

Oliver Rodrigue
    Justus Annun
    Kevin Mandolese
    Alexis Gravel
    Jakob Skarek
    Jesper Eliasson

These are all the ones available. The main reason I sacrificed my minor goalies for this year (I also had Knight at one point) was because we only had 15 spaces (it was before it was decided to increase) and with Binnington, Vasy and Hart as my three mainstays, I knew I wasn't going to need one for a while.
    Out of all those goalies, the only ones that would peak my interest would be Alnefelt and Annunen. You spelled his name wrong in your listing by the way.

That being said, even if you were to grab either of these two, expect at least a 4-5 year wait before you sniff any fantasy relevance from them if I were a gambling man.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    16 teams with 15 prospects each is 240 already owned prospects (assuming all the teams are full) so finding a diamond in the rough is pretty hard. How long can you stash prospects for?

Its kinda hard to offer suggestions when we dont know who's even available and who's owned already. We can guess, I guess.

How about someone like Morgan Barron? Is he available? He's a good NS kid who looks good.
    I feel like there's a chance someone like Jan Jenik or Adam Beckman might still be available

Alex Khovanov might have slipped through

Dmitry Zavgorodniy - 7th rd Cgy prospect 63pts in 37 gp

Sticking with Calgary Matthew Phillips often slips through the cracks too.

Max Gildon D - Fla
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll take a look at both those goalies in the off-season when it increases, they're on my watch list now.

Jenik I've got already and Beckman I picked up in my other league last week, I've got no more minor adds for this season so I can't pick him up now haha, but he is available so the day we increase I'll be all over him (lol)

Khonanov is taken but Zav is on my watch list, didn't know about Philipps so appreciate that, as well as Gildon!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

https://gyazo.com/a06df57b2ff3534ed6d33f6edf24bc6f

This is my watch list currently