Thread: Kubalik

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Kubalik

So, this kid was a waiver pickup for me at the start of the year and I am blown away with how good he's been. Probably one of the best pickups for me aside from Shesterkin. I fear it may be too good to be true but does anyone think he's the real deal? Like, maybe a drop in production next season but still a valuable fantasy asset?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Kubalik

He's shooting 19% but he takes the majority of his shots inside the dots. Plus, he has a fantastic shot, probably the best on the team, so he should continue to have a relatively high shooting percentage. And while his numbers are impressive, he was saddled on the 3rd line for nearly half the season until Colliton figured out that he was a top 6 forward. Since playing with Toews and occasionally Kane, his game has blossomed. Plus, he is now finally getting PP1 time. This season has not been a fluke. So while the shooting percentage will likely come down a little, his minutes will grow, PP1 time will increase, and he will continue to play top 6 minutes with Toews and/or Kane. Definitely glad I got this one right over those who said Prokhorkin over Kubalik this past offseason.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He was a target of mine in the summer. Figure he'd be a good depth piece worth around 40 pts. My buddy got to him first and he's been a total jackpot.

There are a few flags as far as future production. As stated above, his sh% is quite high but we don't really know where he fits. He won't maintain 19% though. Assuming he's a quality sniper, 13% would put him at 19 or 20 goals right now instead of 29.

Another factor worth considering is DeBrincat, who has been ice cold this year but is a proven young finisher. If he's hitting his career average for sh%, he has about 27 goals right now instead of 16.

I would also offer caution on Kubalik for a 10.5% 5v5 team sh% when he's on the ice, as well as his own personal involvement level of 72%.

It's conceivable DeBrincat takes the mantle back next season. For now I'd say enjoy the production

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

When he was on that crazy hot run a while ago a lot of his goals were kinda flukey, so take that for what it's worth. He's got a great shot but luck has been on his side a lot for sure.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson