Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marchand again lol!

The Great One

Default Marchand again lol!

Bear with me its deadline day!!

Suzuki necas hayton and nedjovelic for marchand.

He offered the 3 without hayton. I said I needed hayton but I'd add McLeod (edm) and juulsen.

I'm also pushing to add e Staal for connor garland.

Would you do it with just the Suzuki, necas, nedj?

Would you do it with all 4- Suzuki, necas, hayton, nedj?

Would you insist on adding e Staal for garland??

Prospects are free protected keeps although necas is a roster guy. G4, a2, sog1. Garland has high aog per minute doesn't high? Those are my favorite types...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Marchand again lol!

Is this for the league in your sig or no?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

No sorry.

Weekly starts
    G4, a2 sog1, plus minus add or subtract one for forwards- 3 for d. Blocks for s also add 0.3. +1 for special teams points.
    Wins get 6, SO adds 3. Saves worth 0.3 each and in a weird twist goalies get g4, and a2.

C- Malkin trochek
    W- Marchand marchessault vrana Kase
    D- Letang Oel Hronek toews
    G- Kuemper ullmark
    Bn Granlund Pavelski Staal Gusev Lehkonen gourde weegar raanta nsson
    Farm glass n Robertson McLeod juuslen

What you figure.

He just offered:

Gudreau Suzuki hayton necas nedj
    For Malkin Marchand ullmark.

I said I might do it without ullmark so:

Gudreau Suzuki hayton necas nedj for Malkin and marchand

I also said I might do Malkin alone for Suzuki hayton necas and nedj.

Thoughts?? Help me I'm flatlining o deadline day!!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Why do you need to move one of your big guns for prospects?

I don't like the big deal. Would probably rather love Malkin for the package, but still not sure I'm convinced.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Sage

I would pass. Don't get caught on the wrong end of quantity vs quality.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

The Great One

Lmao so I tried to streamline it:

Malkin McLeod juulsen
    For
    Gudreau Suzuki romanov

My thinking is gudreau is better on a rebuilding team and if that weren't enough adding Suzuki seals the loss of Malkin. It helps him balance his positions and malk deserves to be running wild on a playoff team. I've got less faith in romanov- especially in a point weighted format but it's still some kind of upgrade over juulsen.

Lmao- just realized my Marchand thread ended in a Malkin offer haha!!

The Great One

I just have an opportunity it on the deadline. I'm rebuilding and the thought of a 33 year old Malkin doesn't feel like a great keeper choice.

The deal offered now has ullmark out of it. It's basically gudreau for Marchand straight up. Then Malkin for prospects:
    Suzuki
    Necas
    Hayton
    C Petersen

I feel like I can switch the goalie to nedj in Carolina and that's where I'm leNin because la is a mess.

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards yes. Gudreau and Marchand should be a wash by next year and converting Malkin into three top ten prospects feels like a good move...

The Great One

I said I'd do it with svechnimov instead as sogs play bigtime in our format. Full almost sealed offer:

Malkin Marchand
    For
    Svech Suzuki necas hayton and nedj

I...am your father.

Hell no. Not even close. Don't trade Marchand if they don't want to cough up a fair price. Or Malkin. Don't worry about age - that won't be an issue with them next year or the year after.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Haha thanks dobber!

I got what I think is a fair price. I'm a rebuilding team so the guys slump doesn't really bother me and I'm a big fan of the prospect. Goalies are really tough to add so the goalie prospect was gravy.

Gudreau N Suzuki and Cal Petersen
    For
    Marchand

Thoughts?

The Great One

We like 5his by next year??

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Why do you need to move one of your big guns for prospects?

I don't like the big deal. Would probably rather love Malkin for the package, but still not sure I'm convinced.
    I pushed real hard to do a similar package for Malkin but no dice. Was only available for Marchand and evben this we got done with like 5 minutes left

Dobber Sports Titan

I would have rathered just holding. Seems like you got too attached to the idea of moving him that you undersold.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would have rathered just holding. Seems like you got too attached to the idea of moving him that you undersold.
    I know were sometimes on different pages but I so much disagree- lol!

By next year...

Is Marchand even a lock to beat Gudreau?? Your first instinct might be to scoff but its a legit question. This eyar aside which is an unmitigated disaster for Gudreau- Marchand and J Hockey have been pumping out seasons in a fairly similar 85-100 point range. Theyve got no healthy puck moving D in Calgary this year. By next year with Giordano healthy, the youngsters gaining confidence and Hanifin maybe taking a meaningful step forward they will have a dynamic puck moving group again. Theyve also got secondary scoring developing in the first time in forever which should help take the pressure off too. Guys 26- one bad year is absolutely acceptable here.

All that said a healthy, happy, supported Johnny Hockey should probably be pencilled in between 85-100. He'll get prognosticated lower because fantasy hockey is very much a "what have you done for me latel;y" proposition but realistically its the exact same range. In fact hes actually a historically been more of a volume shooter than Marchand which plays to our scoring (G4, A2, Sog1). So this year aside were looking at predictive ranges that essentially mirror each other with Gudreau having 5 extra years to hit a higher peak.

Then you add Suzuki- lol! hes looking like an offensive cornerstone- haha! I really think his short term range is 55-70 the next couple years but all hes done is exceed expectations time and again. i could have had Hayton, Necas or him and this was easy for me- I believe Suzuki has really separated himself in a major way. Next year he will be their version of Pettersen (lite) and the following year theyll have Caufield as their Boeser (plus) and Suzuki will have the same keeper/trade value of a Gudreau or a Marchand. I honestly believe that and I think my timeline might be being too patient if anything.

Then in a league where even the worst backups are taken (weve got 8 goalies with 20 or more fpts- which is still negligible- Ryan Miller and Domingue are the only goal;ies whose names are remotely recognizable)- goalies are hard to acquire. This piece was just "icing" in my opinion but adding a guy whose next in line to be a starter is a pretty solid add. I know LA will need time to turn things around and Cals not even a lock- but as a "throw in" this is a fantastic piece.

Im just shocked basically because pre-season Im not even sure Id be able to ask for a plus between Marchand and Gudreau. Now I not only got one- it was most likely a foundational piece and some sweet, sweet icing on top- lol! Im second guessing my Bishop trade- but I dont regret this one. I feel like this was nothing short of an in-field homerun!!

Dobber Sports Sage

Next season I would project Marchand besting Gaudreau in every one of your categories except for assists. Maybe not by a ton but he should be the best player in the deal for the next two seasons. I generally prefer the side that gets the best player and I would want the Marchand side here. It's not terrible though and at least you got a top end winger back in gaudreau.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):