Thread: Does Lehner in Vegas remove Fleury from my Keeper discussions?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Does Lehner in Vegas remove Fleury from my Keeper discussions?

I am pretty deep, and goalies are worth a fair bit in my league, but I haven't left myself with any other true ace goalies . Was a fan and rode Robin last year big time with the isles and am a fan. Just don't like what this bodes for Flower this year or next stat wise (mind you it will keep him fresher). Let's be honest Subban wasn't a good backup, and I'm glad for the real world team but for fantasy ick! Vegas having an 1A 1B scenario probably saps considerable value... am I right?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Does Lehner in Vegas remove Fleury from my Keeper discussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    Vegas having an 1A 1B scenario probably saps considerable value... am I right?
    Yes. My opinion is that Lehner is the backup right now and Vegas acquired him more to put pressure on MAF than anything. If MAF doesn't respond well, then I could see them going to a 50/50 split. Next year - who knows.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick060283 View Post
    I am pretty deep, and goalies are worth a fair bit in my league, but I haven't left myself with any other true ace goalies . Was a fan and rode Robin last year big time with the isles and am a fan. Just don't like what this bodes for Flower this year or next stat wise (mind you it will keep him fresher). Let's be honest Subban wasn't a good backup, and I'm glad for the real world team but for fantasy ick! Vegas having an 1A 1B scenario probably saps considerable value... am I right?
    For now yes. But Lehner is only on a 1 year deal so who knows what will happen next year.

Dobber Sports Genius

I think this is strictly a issue for the rest of this season. They’ll likely split starts and MAF could be the one getting the cushier matchups so for this year it could actually be good for the quality of starts he gets.

Next year he should be the main man again though. He has a cap hit of $7 mill for two more seasons and a 10 team no trade list. I can’t see another team taking him off the VGKs hands at that price and can’t see them affording Lehner and his contract expectations either unless they can move MAF, which like I said seems unlikely.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

No need to over-analyze this. Teams need two good goalies. Lehner won't be sticking around past this season. Next year Fleury will have a different backup, probably an upgrade over Subban.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

wait until the off-season to decide what to do with Fleury. I don't see him being moved unless he once again make the sacrifice and join Seattle (VGK giving Seattle a pick as motivation).
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    wait until the off-season to decide what to do with Fleury. I don't see him being moved unless he once again make the sacrifice and join Seattle (VGK giving Seattle a pick as motivation).
    That expansion draft won't be until next offseason though. So maybe if they sign Lehner this offseason....maybe I could see that happening.

Dobber Sports Initiate

ya that's what I mean.. that you have to see what happen in the off-season.. way too early to predict what VGK would do with Lehner.. They might even trade his right before July 1st to a suitor.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Lets be honest; MAF just turned 35 in November. He isn't a spring chicken anymore. He also hasn't had a great year this year, numbers wise. Not a bad year, but he's below average, compared to his career averages, in save% and GAA. He's just a hair above 0.900 in save % and when you start looking at the numbers of other starters around the league, he's well below the expected line compared to other starters.

That being said, the crease is still his in Vegas. He's still the face of the franchise. They will ride him, not just this year, but next as well.

I think the Lehner trade is more about insurance than anything else; that and keeping pace in the West all along giving MAF rest before the playoffs. That wasnt really a comfortable place with Subban there.

I dont think Lehner will be there next year. He will be looking for a place where he isn't the backup and also looking for term on a contract.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Vegas is saying all the right things about MAF - he is the starter and the team has full confidence in him. Take that for what it's worth. If that turns out to be the case, Lehner won't stick around Vegas as he has been clear he wants term and a full starter position.

Dobber Sports Icon

Lehner wants a long term contract this summer after back to back 1 year "show me" deals. He's shown he's a higher end NHL goalie. There's no way Vegas will be giving Lehner the contract he wants when MAF is making $7M for each of the next 2 seasons. Lehner's acquisition does not affect Fleury's keeper status at all.