Thread: Time To Forefeit The Season?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Time To Forefeit The Season?

Is there ever a time to call it quits?

The team is in my sig, in the last week I have lost to injury: Rantanen, Klefbom, Mrazek and Reimer

I just found out that Markstrom is also injured, which leaves me with Nedeljkovic as my only goalie in a league that requires 3 goalie starts a week and no starting goalies in the nhl on the waiver.

Would it be wrong to call it a season at this point?
    16 Team Yahoo League (Daily line up changes, weekly H2H Format, Keep 15 players next year re draft)
    Starting Positions: 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G
    Skater Scoring Categories:G, A, +/-, PPP, SHG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    Goalie Scoring Categories:W, L, GA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C-Backstrom Trochek, Hischier, J Eriksson EK
    LW-Schwartz, Pearson,Nugent-Hopkins, Labanc,Marchessault
    RW-Rantanen, Konecny, Palmeiri, Fabbri, Vatrano
    D-Severson, Skjei, Niskanen. Sanheim, Werenski,
    G-Markstrom, Reimer
    IR-Mrazek, Rantanen, Klefbom

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Time To Forefeit The Season?

Tough luck there for sure.

Where are you in the standings? I assume you are not in contention given all the injuries. If you are well out of the playoffs then look to next year, if the trade deadline has not passed now would be a good time to add younger assets for older. If the trade deadline has passed other than picking up a few guys off the waiver wire there is not much to be done. Make sure you still set your lineup each night to be fair to rest of the league.

If you are still battling for a playoff spot then keep at it, try and stream in some goalies and hot skaters because if you get into the playoffs anything can happen and some of those injured players should be back for fantasy playoffs. good luck.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Tough luck there for sure.

Where are you in the standings? I assume you are not in contention given all the injuries. If you are well out of the playoffs then look to next year, if the trade deadline has not passed now would be a good time to add younger assets for older. If the trade deadline has passed other than picking up a few guys off the waiver wire there is not much to be done. Make sure you still set your lineup each night to be fair to rest of the league.

If you are still battling for a playoff spot then keep at it, try and stream in some goalies and hot skaters because if you get into the playoffs anything can happen and some of those injured players should be back for fantasy playoffs. good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. I'm currently sitting outside of a play off spot because of the way the league is designed. I'm ranked 6th out of 16 teams but because I'm 3rd in my division I dont make the cut.

Dobber Sports Superstar

yes sell your assets to contenders your roster not strong enough to win IMO
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well, if you are 6th of 16, there's a shot you can get to the playoffs, if you get some luck. The good thing is Nedeljkovic may get you 2 or 3 starts. Good luck, no mater what you decide to do, even if it's just take shots on guys from FA.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.