Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's Andreas Athanasiou's +/- at year end?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default What's Andreas Athanasiou's +/- at year end?

Currently -45
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: What's Andreas Athanasiou +/- at year end?

if he plays with Draisaitl - -60
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: What's Andreas Athanasiou's +/- at year end?

Who cares, junk stat for individual players. When your defenseman can cough up the puck and the other four guys get a minus, you know it's garbage. The NHL struggles to come up with meaningful individual stats and this one is not one of them.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Who cares, junk stat for individual players. When your defenseman can cough up the puck and the other four guys get a minus, you know it's garbage. The NHL struggles to come up with meaningful individual stats and this one is not one of them.
    So goals and assists can also be junk stats when lesser players are carried by better ones?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks for playing along lol
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

regardless of its meaningfulness... no matter where you are or what it means -- when it hits -40 You're gonna feel the sting

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think once he hits -100 it will roll over back to zero and get gets a redo!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    So goals and assists can also be junk stats when lesser players are carried by better ones?
    If assists were given to all the players on the ice when the team scores, then yes, assists would be a junk stat.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Jedi

be interesting to see which number ends up bigger in Edm - his minus total or goal total

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    regardless of its meaningfulness... no matter where you are or what it means -- when it hits -40 You're gonna feel the sting
    I don't disagree and I know some players do care about this stat, but when you can do everything right and still end up with a minus, that just sits wrong with me.

Administrator

I'll take a stab here

DET: -45
    EDM: -3
    TOT: -48

Dobber Sports Jedi

I don't disagree and I know some players do care about this stat, but when you can do everything right and still end up with a minus, that just sits wrong with me.
    for the most part... true... but at -45.. you're doing shit wrong.

Administrator

It's not a junk stat. It's simply misinterpreted in most circles. It's part of the player's story. Let's just make sure we're telling the right story!

Dobber Sports Ninja

I like to use WOWY instead of plus/minus. At least it's a mostly useless stats that sounds cool!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's not a junk stat. It's simply misinterpreted in most circles. It's part of the player's story. Let's just make sure we're telling the right story!
    A lot goes into how a player gets to a minus, much of it has to do with which line you play on, how the coach deploys you and obviously the team you play on. Still not sure how you can do your job defensively perfect, a team mate makes a mistake and you end up with a minus and the stat still be relevant. Please don't say it all evens out because that's weak, otherwise why would we keep stats if they all even out. As a team stat, I'm all in, but to apply that the way it's done currently, it doesn't tell the real story. 100% junk individual stat without context.