Page 62 of 65 FirstFirst ... 12 52 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Ya, agreed. You just need to be ready for things to crash and burn in H2H and accept them as the breaks.

Roto can get boring pretty quick if there's a clear runaway, and it takes much more analysis and upkeep to stay in the thick of things and on top of it all.

H2H is easier for a busy lifestyle. Week to week, every matchup is a new shot, set your lineup for the week and you can forget it (although this year has been tougher to do that). My preference is H2H.
    I think someday (once I have kids) I may transition to weekly H2H. I believe Roto is normally weekly? I think?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I think someday (once I have kids) I may transition to weekly H2H. I believe Roto is normally weekly? I think?
    Depends how you set it up I suppose. You can set it to weekly, for sure, but I've only ever played in daily leagues. And with the way you end up with random pitching changes sometimes, daily makes much more sense.

I just always set my lineup for the week and pop in periodically to check and tweak it if something changes.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the original baseball set up was ROTO when needing to manually do the stats from the newspaper. Too hard to set up for H2H, this is a long time ago though.

I prefer H2H in every league. Makes constructing rosters more interesting where ROTO everyone just needs BPA during drafts and off the Waiver Wire.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Is it more popular? I would say it might be for the really long time players, but I have never been in a roto MLB league.

I would like to give it a go someday but I think it needs the right mix of people.
    Roto baseball was all I played for 15 yrs. It depends if you prefer a series of sprints or 1 long marathon. I tired of the marathon so I went to H2H but Roto doesn't lie when concerning who the best team is and what managers want to put in effort. Another thing I liked about Roto was there is not any blind SP streaming to win a cat or two every week unless you want to spend the entire year correcting ERA & WHIP. A little more thought on SP start/sits.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Good luck to those in the finals. "Just a bit outside" for me this year but it's been a common theme. Ready for a full season!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    Roto baseball was all I played for 15 yrs. It depends if you prefer a series of sprints or 1 long marathon. I tired of the marathon so I went to H2H but Roto doesn't lie when concerning who the best team is and what managers want to put in effort. Another thing I liked about Roto was there is not any blind SP streaming to win a cat or two every week unless you want to spend the entire year correcting ERA & WHIP. A little more thought on SP start/sits.
    I do like the aspect of streaming not being much of an option. Don't get me wrong I'll use it in H2H... But I still hate it.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I do like the aspect of streaming not being much of an option. Don't get me wrong I'll use it in H2H... But I still hate it.
    Agreed..that's why transaction limits are important imo. Fine line with the # of transactions so it doesn't become who streams the most. The absolute worst in H2H is playing someone who isn't putting in the effort and still losing the matchup. I'm sure we've all been there at some point.

The Wolverine

Been playing roto for years and is my preference. Just enjoy the season-long aspect of managing more as it feels more earned. It has nothing to do with this league's regular season success and coming up short in the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Been playing roto for years and is my preference. Just enjoy the season-long aspect of managing more as it feels more earned. It has nothing to do with this league's regular season success and coming up short in the playoffs.
    Do you use GS per roster slot in your Roto league(s)? That was the only way I enjoyed Roto.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    Do you use GS per roster slot in your Roto league(s)? That was the only way I enjoyed Roto.
    Yeah 162 games per hitting slot and an innings limit for pitchers. That's the only way I play roto as well.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow what a comeback by hf. This is totally setup to be a Sunday victory for you.

The Wolverine

Wow what a comeback by hf. This is totally setup to be a Sunday victory for you.
    Yeah I'm pleased my team has made it respectable after that horrible start. Still, a lot has to go right to overturn the deficit but happy to have a chance!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Coming in to today.... I was up

7-6
    9-3
    7-5

My hitters are currently a combined 1 for 32. FML

Dobber Sports Immortal

Coming in to today.... I was up

7-6
    9-3
    7-5

My hitters are currently a combined 1 for 32. FML
    8-5
    6-6
    5-4

2 for 54

Dobber Sports Immortal

5 for 78 and horrorfan has the lead on me. Holy mother what a disaster.