Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 4 44 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 64 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Im going to send a note about another last minute change. Moves per week to 5. I just think there's going to be so many injuries this year and I don't want to sacrifice the integrity of the league.

Dobber Sports Titan

Miami Marlins have 14 people tested positive for COVID.

They caught the issue in Philly, no news on Philly players, Yankees are up against Philly tonight and Yankees don't have a day off till August 2nd.

14 positive cases sounds like it's higher than NBA and NHL league wide numbers combined.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Next Phillies/Yankees day off is August 24th.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm getting pumped LOL. Slow start for Jobu's Rum.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Next Phillies/Yankees day off is August 24th.
    Although it looks like Phillies/Yankees is postponed tonight now as well.

Not sure how the MLB is going to navigate this. Seems like it may be blowing up.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Although it looks like Phillies/Yankees is postponed tonight now as well.

Not sure how the MLB is going to navigate this. Seems like it may be blowing up.
    Sounds like Baltimore wants out of Miami because they play tmo, and then play Miami in Baltimore on Wednesday. They want out of Miami NOW, putting tmo's game of Miami vs Baltimore in Miami at risk.

Positive note though, Stanton was drafted with the 76th pick by some smort GM in the fantasy league.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sounds like Baltimore wants out of Miami because they play tmo, and then play Miami in Baltimore on Wednesday. They want out of Miami NOW, putting tmo's game of Miami vs Baltimore in Miami at risk.

Positive note though, Stanton was drafted with the 76th pick by some smort GM in the fantasy league.
    Not so much worried about today or tomorrow's games as I am the season. Chances are it's a pretty significant outbreak for the Marlins. Will they be able to field a team for 2 weeks? If not, is Miami just removed from the season? Beyond that, was there any infection of the Phillies? Given this is only the 3rd day since starting the season, how soon until and many times is this going to happen again and will the league be able to navigate it without having too just call off the season?

Going to be an interesting couple of days. Here's hoping the NHL bubble works better than this seems to be....

Dobber Sports Titan

Not so much worried about today or tomorrow's games as I am the season. Chances are it's a pretty significant outbreak for the Marlins. Will they be able to field a team for 2 weeks? If not, is Miami just removed from the season? Beyond that, was there any infection of the Phillies? Given this is only the 3rd day since starting the season, how soon until and many times is this going to happen again and will the league be able to navigate it without having too just call off the season?

Going to be an interesting couple of days. Here's hoping the NHL bubble works better than this seems to be....
    Ya, these games are small considering the potential. All stands on Phillies test results, and that sounds like it will be this afternoon/night at some point. However, the league had terrible issues getting test results back quickly during "spring training" not even 3 weeks ago.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yep we have already hit the big question that I have been wondering since all of this restart talked started; what happens if one team has an outbreak?

In the NHL I would assume that team would just be eliminated from the playoffs. But I feel like things are different in the MLB. I have no idea.....

Hopefully it's contained ....

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yep we have already hit the big question that I have been wondering since all of this restart talked started; what happens if one team has an outbreak?

In the NHL I would assume that team would just be eliminated from the playoffs. But I feel like things are different in the MLB. I have no idea.....

Hopefully it's contained ....
    No bubble for MLB.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No bubble for MLB.
    Oh ya that is 100% the issue. But I still wonder what happens if a NHL team has an outbreak.

Dobber Sports Immortal

The MLB makes their wisest decision so far and changes the schedule by having NYY just play Baltimore this week. Smart move and something that gives me the slightest bit of hope the season won't be doomed.

But now to baseball talk. I know it hasn't even been a week but it's kind of wild how some of the elite players have started.

Acuna - .158
    Yelich - .056
    Betts - .150
    Bellinger - .235
    Lindor - .143
    Trout - .214
    Arenado - .222

Trout and Yelich are the only ones with a bomb so far.

And how about the closers? At least 10 unexpected guys have picked up saves so far.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Very jealous of Mavericks for getting Luis Robert. I grabbed him in my other 2 leagues but boy does he look like the real deal.

Dobber Sports Titan

First time all season I have had to actually choose which hitters to put in my lineup. Feels weird to actually have to make a choice there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    First time all season I have had to actually choose which hitters to put in my lineup. Feels weird to actually have to make a choice there.
    LOL! I just wish the guys I had in my line up was doing something, Aaron Judge being the only real exception.