Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberBaseball League

The Wolverine

Default Re: 2020 DobberBaseball League

If we decide to keep to H2H (when should we officially vote?), what do you think we should do if the season starts but gets cut short and we don't get to play our playoffs?

Dobber Sports Deity

This season is a bit of a gong show no matter what we do.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Definite gong show. It doesn't seem like there's much interest in roto so no worries there.

In order to avoid a redraft how about something like this. Based on the players sitting out /not playing we just create a draft order based on where those players were picked and allow teams to fill in their roster in that order.

So if Trout, Freeman and Nola all sit out and they're the 1st 3rd and 10th drafted players to be sitting out.... I would pick 1sr 3rd and 10th in a waiver draft.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Definite gong show. It doesn't seem like there's much interest in roto so no worries there.

In order to avoid a redraft how about something like this. Based on the players sitting out /not playing we just create a draft order based on where those players were picked and allow teams to fill in their roster in that order.

So if Trout, Freeman and Nola all sit out and they're the 1st 3rd and 10th drafted players to be sitting out.... I would pick 1sr 3rd and 10th in a waiver draft.
    It could work if we know how long they're out for. With opt outs before the season begins it's easy but not with positive cases. For all we know Nola won't miss a game, and Freeman misses a week.

Maybe increase IL slots for the inevitable additional positive cases?

Also, just a heads up but whatever we decide we will have to manually change the settings e.g. start date (currently set for the 9th), schedule etc. as Yahoo doesn't adjust custom leagues. Though not sure why Yahoo is still showing week 1 as the 9th? Maybe that will change when it either passes that date or MLB makes the schedule official.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm okay with a waiver draft to replace "opted-out" players, but not the "tested-positive" players. I like the idea of adding DL spaces to accommodate the latter.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

HR, can you post a message on the league page as well? A few haven't replied on here and we'll need their responses before we decide anything.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im fine with the waiver draft as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Rough day for hockeyrobot holy crap. Freeman. Nola. DJ.
    You scared me big time here! I thought Freeman had decided to opt out when I saw this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    You scared me big time here! I thought Freeman had decided to opt out when I saw this.
    Sounds like he's out weeks though. He's suffering from body aches, headaches, chills and a high fever.

Interesting Freeman gets tested positive yesterday (or Saturday whenever it was) and Markakis today says he's opting out.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Sounds like he's out weeks though. He's suffering from body aches, headaches, chills and a high fever.

Interesting Freeman gets tested positive yesterday (or Saturday whenever it was) and Markakis today says he's opting out.
    Snitker said he was feeling stronger on Sunday. And even if he is out a couple weeks... he could be back for start of actual games!

Signed,

Selfish Braves Fan.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Interesting thing I just heard... Yu Darvish throws 10 different pitches:

1. CUT FASTBALL (soft version) (32.8%, 86.3 MPH)
    2. CUT FASTBALL (hard version) (3.0%, 91.2 MPH)
    3. FOUR-SEAM FASTBALL (27.9%, 94.0 MPH)
    4. SLIDER (14.1%, 82.5 MPH)
    5. TWO-SEAM FASTBALL (12.4%, 93.5 MPH)
    6. CURVEBALL (4.8%, 76.2 MPH)
    7. KNUCKLE-CURVE (0.5%, 81.3 MPH)
    8. SLOW CURVE (0.1%, 63.7 MPH)
    9. SPLIT-FINGER FASTBALL (3.7%, 88.6 MPH)
    10. CHANGEUP (0.6%, 84.1 MPH)

https://www.mlb.com/news/cubs-yu-dar...nt-pitch-types

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

I knew Yu threw a lot of pitches, but I thought it was closer to 6-7. But I guess they're counting 2 different cut fastballs, and just a "slow" version of his curve.

Catching him has always been difficult because his english is even suspect still. So apparently practicing with him for catching is a lot more difficult, it's possible because everyone repeats the saying "they all talk baseball", but there apparently is quite the hurdle they have to overcome.

He's actually one of the best pitchers to watch in my opinion.

Here's his Roto page, shows what he's thrown over the years and their percentage usage.

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I knew Yu threw a lot of pitches, but I thought it was closer to 6-7. But I guess they're counting 2 different cut fastballs, and just a "slow" version of his curve.

Catching him has always been difficult because his english is even suspect still. So apparently practicing with him for catching is a lot more difficult, it's possible because everyone repeats the saying "they all talk baseball", but there apparently is quite the hurdle they have to overcome.

He's actually one of the best pitchers to watch in my opinion.

Here's his Roto page, shows what he's thrown over the years and their percentage usage.
    Its an extremely slow version of his curve - 13mph difference.

There is a bigger difference in speed between his two curveballs then there is between his changeup and his fastball.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Its an extremely slow version of his curve - 13mph difference.

There is a bigger difference in speed between his two curveballs then there is between his changeup and his fastball.
    It's just interesting they'd list a slow curve, but not the eephus pitch he's thrown as that's typically around 55mph too.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm okay with a waiver draft to replace "opted-out" players, but not the "tested-positive" players. I like the idea of adding DL spaces to accommodate the latter.
    Yep I am on board with this. I will post now.