Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default 2020 DobberBaseball League

Back for another year! This is one of my favorite leagues so very excited to get this going. We still have some time as Spring Training just started.

10 guys confirmed this year:

Hockeyrobot
    Eskimo Brother
    2014olympicgold
    Axeman33
    horrorfan
    PenguinHunter
    Junkmastah
    Kofax
    JX3H
    Maverick060283

Is there a league on Dobber with more combined posts? If there is....I am not in it haha.

Rosters C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IL, IL, IL, NA

Hitter Cats Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitching Cats Wins (W), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Saves + Holds (SV+H)

Trade Deadline August 9

Moves per week 4

Min IP per week 32

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Wahoo!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

If there are any concerns or issues with starting by the end of the week then please post them here.

Otherwise I know how this normally goes Once that draft is set ....people start picking.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    If there are any concerns or issues with starting by the end of the week then please post them here.

Otherwise I know how this normally goes Once that draft is set ....people start picking.
    Ahh... yes!! The excitement of drafting!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Any openings to join a league?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety Punks View Post
    Any openings to join a league?
    Loooooool unfortunately I don't think we can. We were searching for 11 and 12 for weeks and finally made the call to just get started.

Dobber Sports Immortal

So are we good to aim to draft early next week? Im good to even wait until later because Spring Training injuries WILL happen.

Monday is March 2. That gives plenty of time to finish......

The Wolverine

So are we good to aim to draft early next week? Im good to even wait until later because Spring Training injuries WILL happen.

My suggested latest start date is Wednesday the 4th but fine to start on the 2nd. Gives us a good head start before the weekend, which will slow things down (for me at least). Also it took us 16 days to finish last year (I know 12 teams) but depending on availability we'll still need a few days' buffer before the season starts on the 26th. I know Axe is away from the 21st so realistically we should aim to finish by the 19th/20th latest. Being a slow draft it's inevitable we might have to make some calculated risks based on injuries, signings etc.

The Wolverine

Think I put this on another thread but I'm away from your time Friday afternoon the 6th to Sunday morning with likely limited online availability.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Think I put this on another thread but I'm away from your time Friday afternoon the 6th to Sunday morning with likely limited online availability.
    Yep I saw that and as usual we just assume it will slow down over the weekend.

I am good with whenever. My availability is good until season starts so I should be able to make picks in a timely manner.

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

As I said above, I think we have some of the most active posters on the whole site so we will be ok no matter what.

Just as long as I don't take Stanton again. Because if I do I will quit immediately.

As I said above, I think we have some of the most active posters on the whole site so we will be ok no matter what.

Just as long as I don't take Stanton again. Because if I do I will quit immediately.
    I know you are worried about once the draft order is revealed that people will start picking... I promise not to make my first pick until the day that you want us to start...

So I guess you could probably make the draft order and just give me 1st overall so we are guaranteed not to have any picks before start date! haha.

But in all seriousness... I think we should all commit to not starting until the start date...even if we know the draft order. That way we could get the draft order early and have some practice time!

​​

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    But in all seriousness... I think we should all commit to not starting until the start date...even if we know the draft order. That way we could get the draft order early and have some practice time!
    Agree. We'll need time to digest the order and come up with our own strategies, so the sooner the better. If you don't have everyone's email, check last year's league manager page to see who's visible.

One way to ensure nobody picks until the date is not to create the draft thread until that day.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I know you are worried about once the draft order is revealed that people will start picking... I promise not to make my first pick until the day that you want us to start...

So I guess you could probably make the draft order and just give me 1st overall so we are guaranteed not to have any picks before start date! haha.

Hahaha ok done you're 1st.

But ya I like your guys thinking here. I will round up what I have and send it out.

Sound good?