Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 39 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 59 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2020 DobberBaseball League

I'm happy with whatever
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Very disappointed Yahoo didn't come up with a format where you can play multiple teams a week. Here is a caption from their memo.

. Key changes include:

Head-to-Head League Schedules
    Head-to-Head leagues will default to a 9 week season - 7 week regular season and 2 weeks of playoffs (4 playoff teams and no playoff bye weeks).
    Roto and Points Leagues
    With a 60 game schedule, we have changed the default max innings and position limits proportionally. Pitchers will now be allowed 525 innings, and position players will be allowed 60 games.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, at least we know what their plan is now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Very disappointed Yahoo didn't come up with a format where you can play multiple teams a week. Here is a caption from their memo.
    So what do you suggest are our options?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Vote for redraft?

Vote for roto or H2H?

I'm pretty easy and also not very optimistic this will happen.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't know if a redraft makes a lot of sense to try and get done in a shorter set of time before the season.

Switching to Roto would be easiest, or we just roll with the Yahoo H2H modifications and know it was going to be a bit random anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Wolverine

Vote for redraft?

Vote for roto or H2H?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't know if a redraft makes a lot of sense to try and get done in a shorter set of time before the season.

Switching to Roto would be easiest, or we just roll with the Yahoo H2H modifications and know it was going to be a bit random anyways.
    Yeah I think redraft is not worth it, and already four of us not really in favour (or questioning the sense of it).

Vote for roto or keeping h2h seems the simplest option.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Vote for redraft?

Vote for roto or H2H?

I vote no to the re draft.

I vote yes to H2H. We all built our teams for H2H categories and i know it’s not ideal to not get to play everyone. But let’s just treat it like the NFL. They don’t play everyone every year either.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

While I agree redraft is not my favorite option... It'll be my pick if Trout or more significant players sit out.

Dobber Sports Titan

While I agree redraft is not my favorite option... It'll be my pick if Trout or more significant players sit out.
    If there's a big hit to the main stars then we could consider doing a live draft to get one re-done quickly. But if it's just one or two players then I guess we would just treat it like an injury.

The Wolverine

That's the difficulty. At what point do we decide if a re-draft is possible? If it's a slow one again, it would have to happen ASAP, and even so, not sure there's enough time. I doubt everyone in the league is on here as often. Also, there's a risk of more players dropping out during the draft.

So, if live is the only other re-draft option, then what if everyone can't make it? Or don't want a re-draft? I don't want to spend extra time on setting up my pre-draft rankings if I know I can't make it. By the way, the only way I could possibly make a live draft is on a weekend afternoon North America eastern time, which would be evening my time. Weekdays are out.

That said, this year is pretty much a write off anyway. Yes, it would suck if someone lost Trout or a top player. If that were me I would just play it out because it seems like there's little time to make changes especially as we hear of more players either opting out or testing positive.

Just off the top of my head, but maybe a small way to help teams who lose players is to reset the waiver order so that those who lost the highest (Yahoo) ranked players get the first choice, etc. So when we open up, with everyone on waivers (I would expect being set up that way), then at least some people won't totally lose out on a decent replacement in the first instance.

And further thought on H2H vs Roto - I've changed my mind and say stick to H2H because it's the simplest option and as someone said, it's what we signed up for. It won't be perfect but no change we make will be either.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Just a thought..settings are set for a 6 team playoff, could change this to 4 to 'buy' an extra regular season week.

I won't be re-drafting and vote it should stay H2H and whatever happens, happens. If they actually get going that will be enough for me at this point.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by JX3H View Post
    Just a thought..settings are set for a 6 team playoff, could change this to 4 to 'buy' an extra regular season week.

I won't be re-drafting and vote it should stay H2H and whatever happens, happens. If they actually get going that will be enough for me at this point.
    The schedule hasn't been adjusted yet, as it's still showing a full season. Not sure if Yahoo will do it or HR has to, but I read (I think linked earlier in this thread) that the default change is 7 weeks regular season and 2 weeks playoffs, with only 4 teams making the playoffs. HR needs to check to see if he has to change it manually.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Rough day for hockeyrobot holy crap. Freeman. Nola. DJ.

Dobber Sports Titan

I don't even remember who is on my roster and it's probably best for my sanity to just not check.