Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 57 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Sorry Kofax. At least it's happening this year, and he was a late round pick for you!

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status...12687174176769
    I thought I had drafted him since I usually do. Didn't even bother to check that I had, just accepted it.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I thought I had drafted him since I usually do. Didn't even bother to check that I had, just accepted it.
    I often own Chris Archer in Leagues as well... so I went and cleaned house of the leagues I did own him. haha
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

I know this is a bit pre-mature... because we don't know what is going to happen with the League...

But if they decided to play less than 70 games.. should we just make this a ROTO league for one year?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I know this is a bit pre-mature... because we don't know what is going to happen with the League...

But if they decided to play less than 70 games.. should we just make this a ROTO league for one year?
    I was wondering about that as well. We'll see what Yahoo does too. Maybe they have shorter 5 day "weeks" and we can have a normal enough setup from there.

Bit of a wait and see I think, but good to get the proposal out anyways.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I was wondering about that as well. We'll see what Yahoo does too. Maybe they have shorter 5 day "weeks" and we can have a normal enough setup from there.

Bit of a wait and see I think, but good to get the proposal out anyways.
    Yes, Cause from the last couple articles, it sounds like we could see a two week spring training and then right into things... so I guess we will have at least two weeks to figure something out
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Wolverine

It's looking like it may be a 48-50 game season after all, if what is speculated here happens:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...44713097154565

If that's the case, I'm flexible in how we approach this season. Yeah I do wonder what options Yahoo might provide for H2H leagues. I'm not sure how that would work with only 48-50 games, which is, what, 10 weeks tops? Given the playoffs it would be even less, so as EB suggested maybe if they made shorter weeks then it could be an option for our 10-team league.

If an adjusted H2H league doesn't work, I'm happy to just switch it to roto if the majority prefer. It'll never be perfect but I figure might as well play it out in some way. It's not like it's a money league so really it's just to have some baseball being played.

The Wolverine

Sorry Kofax. At least it's happening this year, and he was a late round pick for you!

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status...12687174176769
    Given Archer's last few seasons I figure Kofax will find a better FA pitcher.

So it sounds like the Commissioner is going to mandate a 60 game season. I wonder what the fantasy websites will do to accommodate this.

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

So it sounds like the Commissioner is going to mandate a 60 game season. I wonder what the fantasy websites will do to accommodate this.
    Just hand me the trophy now so we can move on to next season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Just hand me the trophy now so we can move on to next season.

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Woot!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Then 10 biggest questions for fantasy baseball.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/the-10-biggest-questions-for-fantasy-baseball-as-mlb-gets-set-for-2020-return/

If you play in a Rotisserie league, maybe nothing. The sample is smaller and won't reward the best team as consistently as it would in a normal season, but a 10-week Roto sprint might actually keep everyone in the league in the hunt right through to the end, which has its own positives. Those of you in H2H leagues will have to get creative. You can switch to a total points format for the season, but that's basically just Roto with different stats. A tweak on that is having every team in the league play against each other every week, with your total records determining either the winner after 10 weeks, or your playoffs after seven or eight.
    You could also do multiple matchups every week to simulate a full season. A seven-week regular season with three matchups for every team comes out to the same number of matchups as a 21-week regular season, so that certainly works. You could then do a two-week, four-team playoff to determine the champion.
    I like the idea of everyone playing everyone every week. Its a little bit of a different twist.

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Then 10 biggest questions for fantasy baseball.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/the-10-biggest-questions-for-fantasy-baseball-as-mlb-gets-set-for-2020-return/

I like the idea of everyone playing everyone every week. Its a little bit of a different twist.
    Yep I am hoping Yahoo comes up with some different options here. CBS has those options in their paid leagues (I think)

Here are some of the key points to the agreement:
    • Teams will open the season with a 30-man active roster; it will be reduced to 28 players after two weeks, then to 26 after four weeks.
    • The Trade Deadline will be Aug. 31.
    • To be eligible for the postseason, a player must be added to the Major League roster by Sept. 15.
    • Teams will be permitted to carry up to three taxi-squad players on the road during the season, though if a team carries three such players, one must be a catcher.
    • During extra-inning games in the regular season, each half-inning will begin with a runner on second base. The batter who made the final out in the previous inning (or a pinch-runner for that batter) would be that runner.
    • There will be a 10-day injured list for both pitchers and hitters, though the 60-day IL will be reduced to a 45-day IL.
    • There will be a separate IL for players who either test positive or have symptoms/confirmed exposure to COVID-19. There is no maximum or minimum days for this IL.
    • MLB’s transaction freeze, which has been in place since the season was suspended, will end on Friday at 12 p.m. ET.
    • In addition to COVID-19 testing every other day, some other health precautions are as follows: Team personnel and players not likely to participate in the game (for example, the next day's starting pitcher) will be sitting in the stands or another area designated by the club, at least six feet apart; non-playing personnel will wear masks in dugout and bullpen at all times; no spitting or chewing tobacco (gum is permitted); no celebratory contact (high-fives, fist bumps, hugs, etc.).

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, I knew I had Archer. Late round flyer so wasn't all that worried about it. Could have been much worse for me (like last year....).

I actually felt pretty good about my team this year. Was really interested to see how it played out. Disappointing it ended up down this road. We'll see if they can keep things isolated to get a season in, but can't say I'm optimistic.