Thread: Mike Green to Edmonton

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Mike Green to Edmonton

https://twitter.com/EdmontonOilers/s...14289314344960

This has been a yearly rumor for a long time, about 5 years too late now?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Mike Green to Edmonton

I just heard the deal announced on the Oilers broadcast at the end of the 3rd period
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Could this be a good pick up short term? Mike Green is a right handed dman, looking on Edmonton's roster their current top RD is Bear or Larsson take your pick. I think Green will definitely see a good amount of PP time.
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I see for Green possible 2nd pairing minutes and PP1 at best. Bear/Nurse haven't lit it up on the PP1, so I can see Green getting a crack at it. Heck, any of us just standing on the ice with McDavid and Draisatyl would get some kind of PP points. So if Green has an opportunity, he may be a good short term pickup.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like this trade for Edmonton. They get some experience and depth, and a proven PPQB while Klefbom is out. They dump a dead contract in Brodziak and they get DET to eat 50% of the cap. In the end, the Oilers are taking on very little to their overall cap to make this work and it costs them a conditional 4th round pick (3rd in 2021 if they make the Conference finals and Green plays in half the games in the first two rounds).

You'd have to be pretty naive to think this is the Green of old. His better playing days are well behind him, but still can move the puck and move it up to the guys that need it.

It's nice to see the Oilers as buyers instead of sellers for a change.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

So I guess I'm cheering for Edmonton to make it to the Conference Final haha. Then the pick goes from a 4th in 2020 to a 3rd in 2021.

Administrator

Decent pickup. Solid price considering he doesn't have as much to offer these days.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

I like this deal for Edmonton. Nurse has been not good on the PP and Bear was just OK. Green could get the PP1 spot until Klefbom gets back in a week or 2.

I see 3rd pairing minutes and solid PP deployment.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Don't think he will amount to much, but wasn't super expensive either, so ... meh. Some kind of non-pylon for McDavid's line would be nice though.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Don't think he will amount to much, but wasn't super expensive either, so ... meh. Some kind of non-pylon for McDavid's line would be nice though.
    Was hoping it was AA going to Edmonton but I doubt that is happening now.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Was hoping it was AA going to Edmonton but I doubt that is happening now.
    You got your wish.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Green is a decent addition. Agree with Axe that he's not that 70 point guy he used to be, but he still has decent offensive abilities that will help this team.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket