View Poll Results: Who will be top ten multi-cat performers for 2020-29?

Voters
63. This poll is closed
  • Josh Anderson

14 22.22%
  • Blake Coleman

14 22.22%
  • Matt Dumba

14 22.22%
  • Boone Jenner

8 12.70%
  • Bo Horvat

13 20.63%
  • Dougie Hamilton

25 39.68%
  • Nazem Kadri

6 9.52%
  • Oscar Klefbom

4 6.35%
  • Chris Kreider

11 17.46%
  • Brendan Lemieux

13 20.63%
  • Nathan MacKinnon

20 31.75%
  • Charlie McAvoy

8 12.70%
  • Timo Meier

30 47.62%
  • J.T. Miller

18 28.57%
  • Darnell Nurse

13 20.63%
  • Andrei Svechnikov

42 66.67%
  • Brady Tkachuk

55 87.30%
  • Matthew Tkachuk

40 63.49%
  • Jacob Trouba

10 15.87%
  • Tom Wilson

37 58.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Multi-cat stars of 2020-2029

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Multi-cat stars of 2020-2029

Although we’re only two months removed from the posting of the great Top Ten of the Decade lists on the main site, it’s never to early to start thinking about who might be on similar lists for this decade, which is where this month’s poll comes in. Of all the lists, the multi-cat performers might have been the most important, since true multi-cat studs are arguably more rare than star goal scorers or playmakers. So I thought we should put on our prognosticator caps and vote on which players will be on the list of the Top Ten Multi-Cat Performers for 2020-2029.

Before you say it’s to early to decide, keep in mind that nine of the ten on the 2010-19 list were playing by 2010. So chances are most if not all of those who’ll make the list for this decade are already lacing them up for an NHL team this season.

Here are the necessary (dis)qualifiers – (1) everyone has to be under age 30, since otherwise they likely won’t have the staying power to make the list for this decade, (2) they could not have made the 2010-2019 list, which disqualifies Gabriel Landeskog, (3) even if they’re under 30, they could not have played in the league for more than ten seasons already, since there too it’s unlikely they’ll play long enough to make the 2020-29 list, removing, notably, Evander Kane from consideration, and (4) each player should either be at least a decent scorer (i.e., point per every other game for forwards, 25+ points for d-men) or project to be one.

Which categories matter? That was a toughie. I decided to be inclusive and focus on guys in all the most common multi-cat areas, namely PIM, HIT, BLK, FOW, SOG and PPPts. Yes, FOW removes defensemen from consideration, but Blocks aren’t really a forward category so I figured it evened out. Everyone you see as a voting choice either does well across the board, or is super strong in a few of the categories. It’s up to you to decide which ones to vote for. Oh, and since this is supposed to be predicting the Top Ten Multi-Cat Performers for 2020-29, you can only vote for up to ten players, although my guess is you’ll select fewer than that. Feel free to vote now (I'm posting this on the 23rd), or when the column goes live on the 26th.

As always, although this is meant to be a fun exercise, please vote with your head not your heart, as your fellow Dobberites will look to the results for fantasy guidance. And also be sure to make a post where you say who you voted for and why, so we can get some insight into your selections.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Multi-cat stars of 2020-2029

My votes went to:

Jenner - Does it all, including FOW, which is rare from big Hits guys
    Meier - Sooner or later he'll figure it out, and then it'll be scoring, Hits and SOG galore
    Miller - Great scoring and surprisingly comprehensive stat stuffing
    Andrei Svechnikov - He might shoot and hit a little less than Meier when all is said and done, but his scoring ceiling is seemingly limitless
    Brady Tkachuk - I honestly can't see a scenario where someone doesn't vote for him based on what he's already shown us at such a young age
    Matthew Tkachuk - He won't stuff the stat sheet quite like his little brother, but he's no slouch and can score too
    Wilson - Yes, the PIM are way down but he's the closest thing to a Bruins era Milan Lucic that we might see, and Lucic made the list for the last decade
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    My votes went to:

Jenner - Does it all, including FOW, which is rare from big Hits guys
    Meier - Sooner or later he'll figure it out, and then it'll be scoring, Hits and SOG galore
    Miller - Great scoring and surprisingly comprehensive stat stuffing
    Andrei Svechnikov - He might shoot and hit a little less than Meier when all is said and done, but his scoring ceiling is seemingly limitless
    Brady Tkachuk - I honestly can't see a scenario where someone doesn't vote for him based on what he's already shown us at such a young age
    Matthew Tkachuk - He won't stuff the stat sheet quite like his little brother, but he's no slouch and can score too
    Wilson - Yes, the PIM are way down but he's the closest thing to a Bruins era Milan Lucic that we might see, and Lucic made the list for the last decade
    I forgot - I also voted for Trouba, mainly because he's just a machine when it comes to Hits and Blocks, and even chips in PIM; plus although his role in New York isn't as much of a scoring one, he still puts some points on the board.

Dobber Sports Novice

I can't see Jenner making the cut, he's already 26 and can't keep up with the point-every-other-game rule

Dobber Sports Jedi

Lehkonen & Armia

wondering why they're not on the list? Both are on pace for 2 sog + - 2 hit + per game and have the same pt/gm or better (Armia) than Jenner

Virtanen is a really good sleeper in this category as well.

Kunin will be another solid MC forward in the years to come as well
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Alexis Lafreniere is not on that list. He's my favorite to be at the top of the list 10 years from now.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Here are a few that may be on the list before long:
    Quinton Byfield
    Sam Poulin
    Klim Kostin
    Kieffer Bellows
    Will Cullye
    12 team league HTH Dynasty (Yahoo)
    Cats: G, A, P, +/-,PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, H, W, GAA, Sv, Sv%, SHO
    Roster: C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,W,F,F,F, D,D,D,D,D, UTIL,UTIL, G,G, 9 BN, 5 IR, 5 IR+, 5 NA
    Farm: 7 players (Threshold 100 GP Players' 50 GP Goalies)
    Players (25 Keepers):
    C Nugent-Hopkins, Aho, Crosby, Giroux, Kuznetzov
    LW: JT Miller, Evander Kane, Domi, Benn
    RW: Killorn, Yamamoto, Pastrnak, Marner
    D: Letang, Girard, Klefbaum, Theodore, Ekman- Larsson
    G Grubauer, Francouz, Fleury, Lehner, Nedeljkovic, Crawford
    Farm (5 Keeepers):
    Valimaki, Turcotte, Krebs, Gauthier, Dobson
    On bubble: Armia, Andreas Johnsson, Annunen (G), Delia (G)