Thread: Konceny Value?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Konceny Value?

Hey guys so I was just wondering what your thoughts are on Konceny? He’s young on a great contract and having a great season. However, is it a sell high situation or is it more of he has a much higher ceiling and holding on to him is the best course of action? Thanks for the responses in general

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Konceny Value?

I think he's breaking out for real. The trajectory, consistency, advanced stats, etc. all check out. He's a 75 point winger.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Depends on the league - appears you are in a salary cap league? Are you looking to move him and trying to understand what players you should target in return? I do not think he is a sell high and really like his style of play. IMO he will continue to improve and we have not sen him at his peak performance yet. He is only 22 (turning 23 shortly) and he is a really important piece of the Flyers future.
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I’m not necessarily trying to move him, but I was just wondering if this year is just a aberration or a sign of things to come

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Didnt think he'd have a shot as a keeper for me. But AV has warmed on giving him pp1 minutes. Pretty impressed with how he's done. Some philly fans think he can hit 90s
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray

Dobber Sports Apprentice

That would be amazing for me in my cap league, even 80s would be great!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's a sign of things to come.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Agree this isn't an aberration. Flyers were excited to sign him to 6 x $5.5M and he's delivered.

I've already thinking ahead to my keepers for next year. I'm in a 12-team very limited keeper (4 players) where each keeper costs the draft round they were most recently picked in.

Some guys on my squad that I'm considering include:

Andersen (r3) - an existing keeper I'd have to 'buy out' if I don't want to keep again
    Guentzel (r3)
    Gallagher (r13) - an existing keeper I'd have to 'buy out' if I don't want to keep again
    Connor (r16)
    Konecny (r19)
    Vrana (r21)

stats are G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, PIM, SOG, FOW, HITs, BLKs. Buyouts are 1 every 3 years.

Konecny is great value here, but not sure he makes the cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Agree this isn't an aberration. Flyers were excited to sign him to 6 x $5.5M and he's delivered.

I've already thinking ahead to my keepers for next year. I'm in a 12-team very limited keeper (4 players) where each keeper costs the draft round they were most recently picked in.

Some guys on my squad that I'm considering include:

Andersen (r3) - an existing keeper I'd have to 'buy out' if I don't want to keep again
    Guentzel (r3)
    Gallagher (r13) - an existing keeper I'd have to 'buy out' if I don't want to keep again
    Connor (r16)
    Konecny (r19)
    Vrana (r21)

stats are G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, PIM, SOG, FOW, HITs, BLKs. Buyouts are 1 every 3 years.

Konecny is great value here, but not sure he makes the cut?
    I think he easily makes the cut, I think he's your best keeper. Vrana might be better , but probably not.

What are the buyout rules? I think I buy out Andersen, if it's not too bad, and keep Gallagher on down that list. Surplus value is huge in leagues like this. I'd almost never keep anyone drafted in the top 5 rounds, unless they become a first round draft pick lock.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks Steve.

No real cost to buyout, just that you can only do it once every 3 years. Keepers last year were Ovie (r1), Andersen (r3), Carlson (r7) and Gallagher (r13). Ovie and Carlson are termed out so I can't keep them any longer and already traded Ovie as a rental to a contender for some pick upgrades. Gallagher has 1 more season, Andersen has 2 more.

I've already been thinking about buying out Andersen and may lean towards your suggestion. Partially depends on how the draft order and everyone else's picks shape up during the summer.

I see no reason to buy out Gallagher, and if you can't deal Andersen, he's be buyout worthy.

Another advantage to keeping guys who are very late picks is that even if they don't quite meet what you spent to keep them, they don't really screw up your draft, and have room to bounce back.