Thread: Re-build/Re-tweaking trade- Howd I do?

The Great One

Default Re-build/Re-tweaking trade- Howd I do?

i posted this before but it got muddled with the negotiations. id love to type it out neater and get some feedback!

The Premise:
    There are two guys id really like to move now that Im out of contention- Malkin and Burns. They are both in beastmode and can help a contender mightily. This trade ended up focusing on Burns to a contender. At 33 I didntNEED to move Bishop- especially because workhorse starters are HUGE in a weekly start format BUT I was able to add Kuemper whose probably just as good as Bishop by next year and Ive got Raanta as the handcuff to help mitigate the risk. if everything goes right Im basically guaranteed one starter at least as good as BB with an outside chance of having two.

The Execution:
    D are so so heaviily weighted in our format- not only do we start 5f and 4d but they also get plus or minus three for every point in +/-. they get incremental bonuses and scoring and tiny bonuses for hits and blocks. the end result is that they are scoring behemoths in our format. Im an OEL fan. i think by the time Keller improves and they can open up their offense enough- hes still young enough and dynamic enough that he can reach another gear. Underlying metrics hint there is more of a shooter buried in there as well which plays in out format (G4, A2, Sog1!!). That being said even if hes only a 40-45 point guy with decent sogs and +/- that still plays like crazy in our format and would still be in the top 20 range at least. With letang as a workhorse number one there are worse options as a 2nd dman. I also figured now was a good time to parlay one of Staal, Pavelski or Carter into a future (managed Carter) and although he was harder to move the same logic applied for Hornqvist. In a surprise twist at the end he showed interest in Ho-Sang. we were operating on the clock (he needed the deal to be done before bedtime- lol!) and we literally added a Ho-Sang element in in the last 3 minutes :P

The Trade
    My Burns, Bishop, Carter, Hornqvist, Ho-Sang
    For
    OEL, Kuemper, Vrana, Glass, N Robertson and a 2nd

My Breakdown:
    Kuemper=Bishop- So in terms of being a workhorse starter Bishop has a decided edge in value. That being said I get 4 years younger (and at 29 and 33 those are critical years!) and having the Raanta handcuff mitigates the risk some. Lets call this a wash (although i think I added trade value here)
    Burns>OEL- This is the obvious step down. Burns is going to be in full rover mode and might try and put the team on his back here. He should be a great playoff add. I still think hes got top10-20 value next year too but we'll see a noticable decline where hes a great option but not a top one anymore. At that point OELs age (28) and moderate upside if the team gets better becomes more of a comparable building block. I lose here but its less of a loss by next year and the following year I think Im ahead. This also allowed for...
    Vrana>>>Hornqvist- Im hoping I got a sneaky superstar in Vrana- lol! Even if he did top out as a high shooting 65 point winger thats a great add. Im a Hornqvist backer but as a re-tooling team Vrana might be one of the better assets you can target imho. His ES points are in line with some of the best players in the league and his metrics scream untapped upside.
    Glass>>>Carter- I think Carter has had a bit of a resurgence and our format reards sog pigs like him. He should on a contender. that being said- for a re-tooling team I think adding Glass was a huge get. i know VGK is a hard team to crack a spot but the Scheiffele comparisons have owners salivating at his upside. i dont believe Glass is a "high risk" prospect either. i think we';; see moderate "rosterable" resuklts by next year (50ish points at least) with franchise potential.
    Robertson/2nd>>>Ho-Sang- I paid a third for Ho-Sang (and caught some flack for it- lol!) but he has been a very frusterating own. On top of being "high risk" Im also concerned he wont shoot enough to be a high value ion our format. Robertson is similarily "buried" on the leafs but the skill combined with that juicy "non-stop motor/jimmy hustle" moniker makes owners optimistic about his chances of contributing someday. im a l;eafs fan and hes a shooter so hes a fine own on his own- but I wonder if maybe he becomes a trade chip down the line. Adding a 2nd was huge as Im a re-tooling team with... ahem... no draft picks :P

Conclusion
    So id love some feedback now. I had another post but it got musddied by including like 4 different offers and rebuttals. Some guys chimed in about being patient with the talent I have and for the most part I agreed. I took Malkin right out of this mix and only included Bishop when Kuemper came into the equation. my whole premise was that the goalies were a wash and the veterans at ages 34-36 were not great keeper options for me so it basically became- Burns for OEL, Vrana, Glass, Robertson and a 2nd. Seems like great value for a guy I love but who is slowly starting to wind down his career/production. i think the other owner gets a fantastic playoff add who still has 2-3 years of top20-30 production and I add some much needed yiouth and upside to my gang of grey beards.

thoughts???

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Re-build/Re-tweaking trade- Howd I do?

Agreed, let's call the goalies a wash. I prefer Burns to OEL, so let's call that minus 1. You got younger and improved your forwards big time IMO, lets call that a plus 3. So, +2. That's not bad at all.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf