Thread: Goalie keeper for next year

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Goalie keeper for next year

Hello all,

The league in question is in my sig.

I traded Vasilevsky for Rask straight up a few weeks ago because I had to drop Vasil (league rules) at the end of the season. Since Rask was drafted this year, I get to keep him for 2 more seasons before I have to drop him. The only other goalie I would consider keeping is Hart. There are two things I don't like about Rask: Halak and Halak.

When I drafted Hart this season, I did so expecting him to be my goalie keeper. Since he has struggled at times and been injured at other times, I decided to jump on the Rask trade mostly for next season and beyond.

While it hasn't been a time share in Boston, it is far closer to one than Philly. As long as he is healthy, Hart is the clear starter. I am really worried that the Rask/Halak thing will turn into the Renne/Saros thing significantly devaluing Rask.

On top of that Hart is so young that I have to believe his best days are still ahead of him.

Thoughts and thanks?
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Goalie keeper for next year

Hart may be more injury prone than anyone expected, we don't know. I view him as riskier than many, as Elliott is still a decent backup goalie, but he needs to not be the starter, as he wears down easily.

I trust Rask more than Hart, but I also trust Halak more than Elliott, and the (sadly) the Bruins more than the Flyers.

I think I'd probably keep Rask, and if you do, you can probably move him next year like you did with Vasilevskiy this year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Big Daddy

Default Re: Goalie keeper for next year

Tough one but I'd keep Rask.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin