Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me please, unfair trade in my league

The Great One

Default Re: Help me please, unfair trade in my league

Without knowing if Kuch can be kept next year or not, this deal can't be evaluated.

If the team trading Kuch couldn't keep him, and is getting Rust in the 17th round, then it could be a perfectly fine trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'm curious, you said it's a money league and then you said you had to get the league rules. Personally, I dont pay money for something unless I know exactly what I was paying for.

You are in a league where the rules skew the value of the players. Kucherov after the season he had last year definitely was drafted in the first round, which means he's a rental player that cant be kept next year. Bergeron's ADP would have had him drafted in the 2nd round which if I'm understanding your league rules right means he can be kept for a year. So what you get is Rust, and Getz for Bergeron, + rental player not the best deal in the world but not completely outrageous either. I get the impression that the GMs outraged by this trade, are only outraged because they aren't the ones receiving Kuch and Berg.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    You've joined the forums to rant about a terrible trade in your league?
    Wow, nice way to welcome new members!

Im a new member, can you specify what EXACTLY the difference is between a "rant" and a question please.

I thought this was the place to get opinions etc?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by LessThanZer0 View Post

Im a new member, can you specify what EXACTLY the difference is between a "rant" and a question please.

"This trade is nonsense and is unfair." is not a question. (The lack of a question mark anywhere in the post is also a pretty good way to distinguish between a question and a rant, in my humble opinion.)

The post appears to be deliberately vague, but the more this trade is analyzed, the more it seems like a perfectly logical trade. A win now team is getting some (high-end) rentals that will have to be dropped at the end of the year. A team that is out of it is gaining two assets; one of which can be kept for years.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by LessThanZer0 View Post

You joined the forums to post this?