Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Big Game Hunting

  1. #16
    Moses's Avatar
    Moses is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,907
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Star

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    I'm watching other GMs in my cap leagues having trouble with some of the new 'monster salaries' that have been handed out recently. You need to really have you ELC's and bridge contracts in place to make it work.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

  2. #17
    stevegamer's Avatar
    stevegamer is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,106
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    Here are a couple of teams with deep center depth:

    3rd place team:
    Eichel
    Seguin
    Danault
    Eller

    He doesn't want to move Eichel but is Seguin Worth it?

    1st place team:
    MacKinnon
    Larkin
    Backstrom
    Pageau
    Not sure if MacKinnon would be available probably not lol.

    8th place team:
    McDavid
    Bergeron
    Point
    Kopitar
    Looking at that list of center depth, I'm going to throw a curveball at you, and suggest you go after Phillip Danault. He's a non-sexy name, he covers your categories, and he's both cheap and signed past this year.
    10 team Head-to-head true dynasty. Roster 33, draft 2, cut down before season. Start 1 G, 1 backup G, 6 D, 12 F arranged in 4 lines of 3. Only categories that matter are Goals, Assists, Save% with a shutout bonus. Having NHL teammates helps.

    G: Bobrovsky
    Backup G: F Andersen
    D: Ekblad, Yandle, Carlson, DeAngelo, Letang, Makar
    F1: Couturier, Giroux, Voracek
    F2: Schiefele, Wheeler, MacKinnon
    F3: Stamkos, Point, JT Miller
    F4: Bertuzzi, Tavares, Seguin

    Bench:
    G:
    D: Barrie, M Reilly, Heiskanen, Klingberg, Morissey, Weegar
    F: Bailey, Benn, Guentzel, Johnsson, Labanc, Mikheyev, Necas
    Reserve: Datsyuk

  3. #18
    Kawee's Avatar
    Kawee is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    Here was the deal I just made
    Eichel
    Crouse
    Morrissey
    For
    Josi
    Benn
    Dvorak
    A bit steep I agree but getting rid of Bennís contract while netting me Eichel was good IMO. Let me know your thoughts on it

  4. #19
    Svbetts's Avatar
    Svbetts is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Rep Power
    13

    Dobber Sports Padawan

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    I think you did very well. Good work!
    12 Team - Keep 6
    Points
    : G:1 A:1 W:2 SO:1
    Starts: 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/1G
    2020 Picks (13 Rounds): 1,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,4,4,5,13
    C - Eichel, Aho, Karlsson, Trocheck
    LW - Gaudreau, Laine, Forsberg, B. Tkachuk, Lee, JVR
    RW - Kucherov, Marner, Athanasiou, Suzuki
    D - Giordano, Pionk, Spurgeon, Slavin
    G - Francouz, Smith

    11 Team - Keep 5

    Points:
    G:2 A:1 W:2 SO:4
    Starts: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G
    2020 Picks (13 Rounds): 1,2,3,3,3,4,5,5,8,10,11,12,13
    C - McDavid, Pettersson, Larkin
    LW - Connor, Kreider, Keller, Meier
    RW - Kucherov, Rantanen, Yamamoto, Atkinson
    D - Klingberg, Pionk, Provorov, Girard, Schmidt, Edler
    G - Markstrom, Rittich, Hart, Demko

  5. #20
    Dr.Brad's Avatar
    Dr.Brad is online now
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    552
    Location
    Near Pittsburgh
    Rep Power
    7

    Dobber Sports Apprentice

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    Go after Panarin if you have a chance. His team will be better for next 2-3 years, which should be the playerís peak also. And, worst-case scenario- heís someone a top 3 team in your league WILL over-pay for.
    Is hockey back??

    20-team cap (120% NHL) league
    H2H, cats G,A,STP,SOG,HIT,BLK - W,GAA,Sv%,SO
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3Rsv, 15minors

    C- Malkin, Monahan, Cirelli
    LW- Connor, Pacioretty, NRitchie
    RW- MTkachuk, AJohnsson, Chytil
    F- Kunin, Haula, Kuraly
    D- EKarlsson, Hanifin, Sanheim, Johns, Heinola, NHague
    G- Hellebuyck, Fleury
    Rsv- Carrier, Cousins, Koskinen
    Minor- (F) Madden, Noel, LAndersson, Lafferty, Michaelis, JLeonard, Kuhlmann (D) Juulsen, CJones, Vaakanainen, GLindstrom, (G) Swayman, Konovalov

  6. #21
    Kawee's Avatar
    Kawee is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Go after Panarin if you have a chance. His team will be better for next 2-3 years, which should be the player’s peak also. And, worst-case scenario- he’s someone a top 3 team in your league WILL over-pay for.
    What should I offer for Panarin? Team is in my signature also, I have the 4th pick
    14 team salary Cap, Categories are: G, A, PPP, PIM's, Hits, BLKS, FW, SOG. Goalie Cats are: W, GAA, SV, and Sv%.

    95.4 million cap, no one over 5 million can be cut. In offseason, we can cut ONE player over 5 million.

    Centers: Cirelli, Johansen, Geekie (Streamer), Couture (IR+)

    Left Wingers: Draisaitl, Carrier, Crouse, Drouin

    Right Wingers: Niederreiter, Kassian, Vatrano, Archibald (Streamer), Pavelski.

    Defensemen: Subban (BUYOUT), Morrissey, Lindell, Werenski, De Haan (will drop him)

    Goalies: Varly, Greiss, Quick, Petersen.

  7. #22
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    It would seem like a better idea to identify and target players that others are undervaluing right now due to poor seasons or just not living up to the hype yet.

    I'd rather target J. Hughes, Kakko who are coming off crappy seasons and have a layer of dust on top of their draft season hype.

    DeBrincat is another I'd target.
    Bjorkstrand - might be the last chance you get to acquire him for a decent price. Injuries are the only reason he won't cost a mint.
    Trocheck - also should be available at a low low price.
    D. Strome - Chi has him on the trade block - meaning his value is low low low.
    Kessel & Keller - also cheap after their last season in the desert.
    Meier is another one that had a down year
    Boeser had a down year in most minds - even though he was on a 65+pt pace.

    Hoffman had a really good year, but at my trade deadline he was really easy to acquire.

    Targeting Panarin/Malkin/Connor - it's the sexy option because they just had monster seasons. Current monsters = monster prices.
    Finishing 9/14 those are the players I would avoid even asking about.

    You should be targeting players with the ability to put up monster seasons but haven't or didn't

    Aim for the most upside for the cheapest cost.

    Pavel Zacha for example is likely a UFA in 90% of pools. He's on the verge of Multi-cat fantasy relevance. Will cost a pittance to acquire if owned

    This should be your strategy. It will allow you to keep what limited core pieces you have while building up your overall core.

    Owning Panarin won't help if you've got nothing else to produce around him.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  8. #23
    Kawee's Avatar
    Kawee is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It would seem like a better idea to identify and target players that others are undervaluing right now due to poor seasons or just not living up to the hype yet.

    I'd rather target J. Hughes, Kakko who are coming off crappy seasons and have a layer of dust on top of their draft season hype.

    DeBrincat is another I'd target.
    Bjorkstrand - might be the last chance you get to acquire him for a decent price. Injuries are the only reason he won't cost a mint.
    Trocheck - also should be available at a low low price.
    D. Strome - Chi has him on the trade block - meaning his value is low low low.
    Kessel & Keller - also cheap after their last season in the desert.
    Meier is another one that had a down year
    Boeser had a down year in most minds - even though he was on a 65+pt pace.

    Hoffman had a really good year, but at my trade deadline he was really easy to acquire.

    Targeting Panarin/Malkin/Connor - it's the sexy option because they just had monster seasons. Current monsters = monster prices.
    Finishing 9/14 those are the players I would avoid even asking about.

    You should be targeting players with the ability to put up monster seasons but haven't or didn't

    Aim for the most upside for the cheapest cost.

    Pavel Zacha for example is likely a UFA in 90% of pools. He's on the verge of Multi-cat fantasy relevance. Will cost a pittance to acquire if owned

    This should be your strategy. It will allow you to keep what limited core pieces you have while building up your overall core.

    Owning Panarin won't help if you've got nothing else to produce around him.
    The guy who owns Meier and Trocheck is willing to move both. What type of offer should I throw at him? Team is in my signature
    14 team salary Cap, Categories are: G, A, PPP, PIM's, Hits, BLKS, FW, SOG. Goalie Cats are: W, GAA, SV, and Sv%.

    95.4 million cap, no one over 5 million can be cut. In offseason, we can cut ONE player over 5 million.

    Centers: Cirelli, Johansen, Geekie (Streamer), Couture (IR+)

    Left Wingers: Draisaitl, Carrier, Crouse, Drouin

    Right Wingers: Niederreiter, Kassian, Vatrano, Archibald (Streamer), Pavelski.

    Defensemen: Subban (BUYOUT), Morrissey, Lindell, Werenski, De Haan (will drop him)

    Goalies: Varly, Greiss, Quick, Petersen.

  9. #24
    stevegamer's Avatar
    stevegamer is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,106
    Location
    Philadelphia area
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Wizard

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    What does he need? I'd start with Drouin, a pick upgrade for them, and another player: give him a list of 3 or 4 to pick from. If he needs D, make sure to put a couple in the list, maybe any non-Werenski D would be a good list, actually.
    10 team Head-to-head true dynasty. Roster 33, draft 2, cut down before season. Start 1 G, 1 backup G, 6 D, 12 F arranged in 4 lines of 3. Only categories that matter are Goals, Assists, Save% with a shutout bonus. Having NHL teammates helps.

    G: Bobrovsky
    Backup G: F Andersen
    D: Ekblad, Yandle, Carlson, DeAngelo, Letang, Makar
    F1: Couturier, Giroux, Voracek
    F2: Schiefele, Wheeler, MacKinnon
    F3: Stamkos, Point, JT Miller
    F4: Bertuzzi, Tavares, Seguin

    Bench:
    G:
    D: Barrie, M Reilly, Heiskanen, Klingberg, Morissey, Weegar
    F: Bailey, Benn, Guentzel, Johnsson, Labanc, Mikheyev, Necas
    Reserve: Datsyuk

  10. #25
    lucafen4's Avatar
    lucafen4 is offline
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    17,366
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    What does he need? I'd start with Drouin, a pick upgrade for them, and another player: give him a list of 3 or 4 to pick from. If he needs D, make sure to put a couple in the list, maybe any non-Werenski D would be a good list, actually.
    Always the best place to start - analyzing his roster as if it's your own.

    I'm all for moving Drouin. All depends on how he values him.

    Couture at 8m is another piece I would happily move out. At 6m I really like him...

    for MC.. probably my least favorite player to own is Johansen. no goals, no SOG. and just isn't worth the $$

    There's three pieces I would gladly try to include.
    Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. - H.S.T.

  11. #26
    Kawee's Avatar
    Kawee is online now
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    250
    Rep Power
    0

    Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

    Default Re: Big Game Hunting

    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Always the best place to start - analyzing his roster as if it's your own.

    I'm all for moving Drouin. All depends on how he values him.

    Couture at 8m is another piece I would happily move out. At 6m I really like him...

    for MC.. probably my least favorite player to own is Johansen. no goals, no SOG. and just isn't worth the $$

    There's three pieces I would gladly try to include.
    i'll see what I can do
    14 team salary Cap, Categories are: G, A, PPP, PIM's, Hits, BLKS, FW, SOG. Goalie Cats are: W, GAA, SV, and Sv%.

    95.4 million cap, no one over 5 million can be cut. In offseason, we can cut ONE player over 5 million.

    Centers: Cirelli, Johansen, Geekie (Streamer), Couture (IR+)

    Left Wingers: Draisaitl, Carrier, Crouse, Drouin

    Right Wingers: Niederreiter, Kassian, Vatrano, Archibald (Streamer), Pavelski.

    Defensemen: Subban (BUYOUT), Morrissey, Lindell, Werenski, De Haan (will drop him)

    Goalies: Varly, Greiss, Quick, Petersen.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •