Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Big Game Hunting

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Big Game Hunting

I'm watching other GMs in my cap leagues having trouble with some of the new 'monster salaries' that have been handed out recently. You need to really have you ELC's and bridge contracts in place to make it work.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Here are a couple of teams with deep center depth:

3rd place team:
    Eichel
    Seguin
    Danault
    Eller

He doesn't want to move Eichel but is Seguin Worth it?

1st place team:
    MacKinnon
    Larkin
    Backstrom
    Pageau
    Not sure if MacKinnon would be available probably not lol.

8th place team:
    McDavid
    Bergeron
    Point
    Kopitar
    Looking at that list of center depth, I'm going to throw a curveball at you, and suggest you go after Phillip Danault. He's a non-sexy name, he covers your categories, and he's both cheap and signed past this year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Here was the deal I just made
    Eichel
    Crouse
    Morrissey
    For
    Josi
    Benn
    Dvorak
    A bit steep I agree but getting rid of Benn’s contract while netting me Eichel was good IMO. Let me know your thoughts on it

Dobber Sports Pro

I think you did very well. Good work!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Teravainen, McCann, Montour, Jones, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, MacKinnon, Pavelski, Duchene, Farabee, Henrique
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Joseph, Schenn, Nyqvist, Roslovic, Duclair, S. Jones, Korpisalo, Quick, Rittich
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Rossi, Hutson, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Stud

Go after Panarin if you have a chance. His team will be better for next 2-3 years, which should be the player’s peak also. And, worst-case scenario- he’s someone a top 3 team in your league WILL over-pay for.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Go after Panarin if you have a chance. His team will be better for next 2-3 years, which should be the player’s peak also. And, worst-case scenario- he’s someone a top 3 team in your league WILL over-pay for.
    What should I offer for Panarin? Team is in my signature also, I have the 4th pick
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

It would seem like a better idea to identify and target players that others are undervaluing right now due to poor seasons or just not living up to the hype yet.

I'd rather target J. Hughes, Kakko who are coming off crappy seasons and have a layer of dust on top of their draft season hype.

DeBrincat is another I'd target.
    Bjorkstrand - might be the last chance you get to acquire him for a decent price. Injuries are the only reason he won't cost a mint.
    Trocheck - also should be available at a low low price.
    D. Strome - Chi has him on the trade block - meaning his value is low low low.
    Kessel & Keller - also cheap after their last season in the desert.
    Meier is another one that had a down year
    Boeser had a down year in most minds - even though he was on a 65+pt pace.

Hoffman had a really good year, but at my trade deadline he was really easy to acquire.

Targeting Panarin/Malkin/Connor - it's the sexy option because they just had monster seasons. Current monsters = monster prices.
    Finishing 9/14 those are the players I would avoid even asking about.

You should be targeting players with the ability to put up monster seasons but haven't or didn't

Aim for the most upside for the cheapest cost.

Pavel Zacha for example is likely a UFA in 90% of pools. He's on the verge of Multi-cat fantasy relevance. Will cost a pittance to acquire if owned

This should be your strategy. It will allow you to keep what limited core pieces you have while building up your overall core.

Owning Panarin won't help if you've got nothing else to produce around him.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It would seem like a better idea to identify and target players that others are undervaluing right now due to poor seasons or just not living up to the hype yet.

I'd rather target J. Hughes, Kakko who are coming off crappy seasons and have a layer of dust on top of their draft season hype.

DeBrincat is another I'd target.
    Bjorkstrand - might be the last chance you get to acquire him for a decent price. Injuries are the only reason he won't cost a mint.
    Trocheck - also should be available at a low low price.
    D. Strome - Chi has him on the trade block - meaning his value is low low low.
    Kessel & Keller - also cheap after their last season in the desert.
    Meier is another one that had a down year
    Boeser had a down year in most minds - even though he was on a 65+pt pace.

Hoffman had a really good year, but at my trade deadline he was really easy to acquire.

Targeting Panarin/Malkin/Connor - it's the sexy option because they just had monster seasons. Current monsters = monster prices.
    Finishing 9/14 those are the players I would avoid even asking about.

You should be targeting players with the ability to put up monster seasons but haven't or didn't

Aim for the most upside for the cheapest cost.

Pavel Zacha for example is likely a UFA in 90% of pools. He's on the verge of Multi-cat fantasy relevance. Will cost a pittance to acquire if owned

This should be your strategy. It will allow you to keep what limited core pieces you have while building up your overall core.

Owning Panarin won't help if you've got nothing else to produce around him.
    The guy who owns Meier and Trocheck is willing to move both. What type of offer should I throw at him? Team is in my signature
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

What does he need? I'd start with Drouin, a pick upgrade for them, and another player: give him a list of 3 or 4 to pick from. If he needs D, make sure to put a couple in the list, maybe any non-Werenski D would be a good list, actually.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    What does he need? I'd start with Drouin, a pick upgrade for them, and another player: give him a list of 3 or 4 to pick from. If he needs D, make sure to put a couple in the list, maybe any non-Werenski D would be a good list, actually.
    Always the best place to start - analyzing his roster as if it's your own.

I'm all for moving Drouin. All depends on how he values him.

Couture at 8m is another piece I would happily move out. At 6m I really like him...

for MC.. probably my least favorite player to own is Johansen. no goals, no SOG. and just isn't worth the $$

There's three pieces I would gladly try to include.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Always the best place to start - analyzing his roster as if it's your own.

I'm all for moving Drouin. All depends on how he values him.

Couture at 8m is another piece I would happily move out. At 6m I really like him...

for MC.. probably my least favorite player to own is Johansen. no goals, no SOG. and just isn't worth the $$

There's three pieces I would gladly try to include.
    i'll see what I can do
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team: