Thread: Do I accept this trade for Carlson and Ovechkin?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Do I accept this trade for Carlson and Ovechkin?

Points only dynasty league. Top 6 F, 4D and 1G count at seasons end - I am built to win now (core includes Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Carlson, Burns, Letang, Yandle, Rinne, Markstrom) but I am 80 points out of first and 50 out of 2nd without many useful pieces to trade for reinforcements. Do I stand pat take a run at 3rd (small prize) and see how the boys do next year or accept this deal?

Carlson & Ovechkin
    for
    Rantanen, Werenski, Galchenyuk, Toffoli, 1st round pick (probably just outside top 10 in a mostly rookie draft)

I like that this helps me get a little younger and gives me some depth, but with the rest of my roster, I am in a win now window unless I can make some other deal. Do the players coming back help me stay in contention next year and beyond or is it a big setback for my 2020-21 chances? Quality or Quantity?

Thanks for any opinions
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Do I accept this trade for Carlson and Ovechkin?

If you're built to win now, I like that move for you. It is hard to say whether you will make it to first, given the information provided. You'll have to tell us whether you can get to first or second. But to get Carlson and Ovechkin for Rantanen and Werenski is a good result.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    If you're built to win now, I like that move for you. It is hard to say whether you will make it to first, given the information provided. You'll have to tell us whether you can get to first or second. But to get Carlson and Ovechkin for Rantanen and Werenski is a good result.
    Sorry if it wasn't clear - I am giving up Carlson and Ovechkin
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't do this. If your in win now losing Carlson and Ovy for an injured Rantanen and Werenski is likely going to kill your year. Long term, this also is a pass. This strikes me as a classic quality for quantity kind of deal. Hard pass for me, not even close.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf