Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [TRADE] Denis Malgin to Leafs

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: [TRADE] Denis Malgin to Leafs

Bracco is rumored to have some significant personal issues. He left the Marlies on 2/5 and I haven't heard of his return.
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Monster

Malgin asked for a trade. Second time the Leafs have picked up a guy wanting a trade from Florida in recent memory - last was Zach Hyman. Strange timing though; I wonder if it is true that the Panthers are going to do a bit of selling at the deadline (I dont get it but thats the rumour)

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Malgin asked for a trade. Second time the Leafs have picked up a guy wanting a trade from Florida in recent memory - last was Zach Hyman. Strange timing though; I wonder if it is true that the Panthers are going to do a bit of selling at the deadline (I dont get it but thats the rumour)
    Malgin was in Q's doghouse... a regular scratch. He needed a fresh start

-----

With the Leafs down Mikheyev & Johnsson - this gives them some bottom six depth.

One could see the Malgin move as simply trying to open a spot for a prospect to come up and trying to get something for him rather than waiving him.

but calling a spade a spade - it's a depth move. Nothing more. Some of these comments attempting to troll the Leafs are just silly.

Yep, they still need a D - that doesn't mean they should not attempt to address any other areas they see there is a need if a deal falls their way. Trading Marchment won't hamper any potential D deal that may come.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4