Thread: Tagging in threads?

The Wolverine

Default Tagging in threads?

Hey,

Is there a way you can tag a user in a thread so it gives them a notification? E.g. like some other forums, you add a @ next to the username. Doesn't work here but maybe there's some other way.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tagging in threads?

I don't think so. I think it would probably get messy between some users if you could. If it's really urgent, sending a PM usually works.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I don't think so. I think it would probably get messy between some users if you could. If it's really urgent, sending a PM usually works.
    Thanks. It's not urgent and this would be in addition to sending PMs. But thought, if they don't see/check the messages and depending on how people receive notifications, maybe they'd catch it sooner.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    Thanks. It's not urgent and this would be in addition to sending PMs. But thought, if they don't see/check the messages and depending on how people receive notifications, maybe they'd catch it sooner.
    I see what you mean, but I think it would also get abused/mis-used too much to be worthwhile. Some people are just harder to get a hold of
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I see what you mean, but I think it would also get abused/mis-used too much to be worthwhile. Some people are just harder to get a hold of
    Fair point. Yeah that's just the way with some members on here, and unlikely it would make a huge difference. Thanks.

Administrator

If you remember years ago we tried upgrading the forum software and it was a total disaster resulting in a rollback... user mentions were added as a feature in that version.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If you remember years ago we tried upgrading the forum software and it was a total disaster resulting in a rollback... user mentions were added as a feature in that version.
    I think that might have been before my time.