Thread: Suzuki vs Yamamoto

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Suzuki vs Yamamoto

Which of these young studs seems to be the better player going forward? They both have a similar ceiling of 82 per dobbers guide but they have both already outperformed their projections this year. Yamamoto going PPG since coming up 18 games ago. Suzuki taking a bigger role than Yamamoto on Montreal's roster. As mentioned on ramblings they could end up with a top 5 pick.

Though Yamamoto has the better support and no challenger for the top RW in Edmonton's organization chart I think I would choose Suzuki here based on the fact he could be the go to guy for Montreal moving forward. Is that rational to think? I'm also thinking of a points only league here. What do you think?
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Suzuki vs Yamamoto

I would go the other way with this. We have yet to see Yams play along side Mcdavid, or even considered a possibility of him along side Drai and McD. I look at that Montreal roster and there isn't nearly as much high end talent up front. Suzuki has been on fire lately but Yams will likely be more consistent night in night out given that if he isn't producing himself it's more than likely his C will be.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I prefer Suzuki. I know where Yam could end up playing but I really hate chasing linemates.

Dobber Sports Novice

I would agree that being a driver is more valuable for sure, however with the big 2 split up it becomes almost inevitable that he plays with one or the other. He's not a bottom 6 kinda player. Agree with what your saying just that this isn't exactly the typical chasing line-mates situation.

Dobber Sports Wizard

right now Suzuki has way more value imo. 2 years from now, i guess we will need to wait and see. If i had to choose, Suzuki is the guy for now.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

Suzuki for me too. I like players who don't need other to produce.
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Stud

Suzuki will become a PPG player on his own imo, so he's my choice right now even if that could change down the line.
    Yamamoto should keep thriving too.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

The Great One

I feel like people sell Yamomoto short. Im not sure why people started lowering his ceiling to 65 or whatever but he was bouncing between 2nd and 3rd line and having success. Hes a very creative player. The other factor is that even if Suzuki produces better on his own (its possible)- he'll basically have to- lol! In a defensive system notorious for underskating topline players- whose best sniper is Gallagher or a baby Caufield. Yamomot doesnt even need to make it work with McD- hes already got synergy with Drai. I honestly think Yamoto has similar solo upside maybe the tiniest shade less (but theres so much recency bias in that assesment)- and hes clearly in a better system to thrive linemate wise and offensively.

i think you cant go worng with either. Gun to my head Ill flip a coin...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I feel like people sell Yamomoto short. Im not sure why people started lowering his ceiling to 65 or whatever but he was bouncing between 2nd and 3rd line and having success. Hes a very creative player. The other factor is that even if Suzuki produces better on his own (its possible)- he'll basically have to- lol! In a defensive system notorious for underskating topline players- whose best sniper is Gallagher or a baby Caufield. Yamomot doesnt even need to make it work with McD- hes already got synergy with Drai. I honestly think Yamoto has similar solo upside maybe the tiniest shade less (but theres so much recency bias in that assesment)- and hes clearly in a better system to thrive linemate wise and offensively.

i think you cant go worng with either. Gun to my head Ill flip a coin...
    i dont think thats true at all...simply most of us are saying that Suzuki has more value atm, is more proven. 2 years from now this can change but if you owned Yamomoto today and someone offered you Suzuki im sure you would take take...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Administrator

Suzuki > Yamamoto

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your input everyone! It definitely looks like people are slightly divided as I thought. Suzuki seems like the consensus higher ceiling comparing the two. I have learned over the years to not rely on wingers of the stare (mcjesus/drai) but this seems to be a special exception given the lack of RW depth. Glad I was able to grab both of waivers thanks for contributing to the thread!
    - Keeper League / 10 Keepers / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W - 2 PT per SO -

F: Rantanen, Monahan, Barkov, Aho, Wheeler, Keller, Nylander J. Hughes, Reinhart. W. Karlsson, Konecny, Rust, E. Staal, Killorn, Getzlaf,
    D: Krug, Gustafsson, Provorov, Morrissey, DeAngelo
    G: Andersen, Jarry, Rittich, Murray

Dobber Sports Stud

Suzuki easy for me