Thread: Trade 3rd for O'Reilly or keep Yamamoto?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Trade 3rd for O'Reilly or keep Yamamoto?

First off I'm sorry I know this isn't formatted right but I need help ASAP and don't know how to do it properly lol

It's a 16 team keeper league. 4 keepers each. Keeping Kucherov, Patrick Kane, Pettersson. Categories are G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, W, SV%, SHO. I have the option of trading my 3rd and keeping Ryan O'Reilly or do I roll the dice and keeper Kailer Yamamoto? Each team must have 2 each of LW, C, RW and G. 4 D. There are 2 Utility player positions and 3 bench spots. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Trade 3rd for O'Reilly or keep Yamamoto?

Welcome to the forums!

Why are those two your only options? Generally thinking that there should be another keepable worthy player on your roster or that you could trade for more cheaply?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Recruit

I'm out of contention and made an earlier trade that upgraded my keeper from Kuznetzov to Kane. It cost most of my decent players to do so. Most people aren't pulling the trigger on trades unfortunately. I do have an offer of trading Yamamoto for Erik Karlsson. He's out for the season but may be a decent 4th keeper option?

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsNXT View Post
    I'm out of contention and made an earlier trade that upgraded my keeper from Kuznetzov to Kane. It cost most of my decent players to do so. Most people aren't pulling the trigger on trades unfortunately. I do have an offer of trading Yamamoto for Erik Karlsson. He's out for the season but may be a decent 4th keeper option?
    I'd take the Karlsson trade and keep him over Yamamoto or Oreilly. If he flops next year you'll be able to replace him easily.

Normally I don't want to keep Karlsson in a keep 4 anymore but give the options he's the best bet plus you get to keep your 3rd rounder. Given you're out of it this year you have 3 really good keepers and don't want to be giving up draft picks for next year. And if the cards fall right for Karlsson he still has close to PPG upside imo.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Recruit

I think that's what I'll do. I was thinking the same thing. Thank you for the advice.

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with the Karlsson option. That's a solid keep 4!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)