The Great One

Default Pick a side!!

Hornqvist and Hronek

OR

Josh Anderson and Klefbom

* Team is contending...

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Pick a side!!

Three of the four guys involved are currently hurt. Should we not be taking this into account?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hornqvist/Hronek - one is healthy, and I prefer Hronek to Klefbom longer term.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Three of the four guys involved are currently hurt. Should we not be taking this into account?
    Yea I was kind of assuming Hronek was not injured long term...

Dobber Sports Superstar

Take the last man standing (:

I guess that's Horny.

I do prefer that side long term. Just not sure how long Hronek is on the shelf.

Are there no other options available though? Seems risky adding guys on IR at this point in the season especially if your contending?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Take the last man standing (:

I guess that's Horny.

I do prefer that side long term. Just not sure how long Hronek is on the shelf.

Are there no other options available though? Seems risky adding guys on IR at this point in the season especially if your contending?
    Im not contending- Im just about mathematically elimnated. im losing this week and if I do I cant make the playoffs. I need to win while the guy ahead of me loses- two separate weeks in a row- lol! So Im basically out. im trying to add intriguing upside as I feel like I have a very solid core. We keep all but in a funny way- we protect 8 and have a steal round. on your turn yopu can steal an unprotected guy or PASS and protect your guys. Im going to make a separate post but Im pretty swhocked I missed playoffs- a few bad bounces, a trade delay- all kinds of wonky stuff- HOWEVER- i do feel set up nicely for next year. this would just set me up a bit better I think with klefbom being solid (if unspectacular and Anderson having all kinds of upside which is what Id want as my 4/5 guy...

Dobber Sports Titan

If you're looking at next year, I want the Anderson/Klefbom side.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

OK, from your original post "* Team is contending..." threw me off. (:

Anderson is a wild card here, I honestly have no idea what to expect from him in the next few years but if he can get to 40pt or so with his banger stats he absolutely has big value. I think he's a better option than Horny. Klef as you said, is solid if unspectacular. So that's not too bad. The other wild card here is Hronek, again, who knows, but there is a chance he becomes an elite offensive defencemen. That makes things closer and could swing things the other way. All this to say I agree with the Anderson/Klef side, it's certainly the safer choice.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf