Thread: Fair value for Horvat?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Fair value for Horvat?

12 team keeper dynasty league, points only, salary cap $83M

I recently made a few transactions, that currently have Horvat as a non keeper this summer. I'm not a contender this year, so moving him for an upgrade elsewhere might be the way to go. Was thinking D man and Marino is my target. Without a doubt, I have a vast amount of value in the deal, so I would like to add a prospect, or fwd for a playoff push, or trade bait come summer.

My current roster

FWD: Draisaitl Zibanajed Boeser Tkachuck Landeskog Horvat Gusev Kreider Garland Malkin. (Keep 6)

D: Ellis Fox Fabbro Heinola Sanheim (Keep 3)

Bank Prospects

J. Hughes Zadina Dobson Bathersen Hayton

Other GM

Fwd: Matthews, Marner, Marchassault, Keller, C.Brown, Couture, Kadri, Hinostraza, Greenway, Ehlers

D: Montour, Ekholm Pionk, Marino Gryzlek

Bank Prospects

Sandin Frost Tolvanen Poehling Lilijgren L. Brown

Deal 1: My Horvat, Fabbro/ His Keller Marino
    Deal 2: My Horvat/ His Hinostraza, Marino, M.Frost (bank prospect)

This is what we have been mulling over, I just don't see the value for Horvat here. Am I wrong? Should I be thinking bigger, given my keepers at this point. Is there an upgrade I should consider instead? Is Marino a target that I should be after. Looking for some advice from the forum.

Thanks,

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Fair value for Horvat?

I like deal 2. You get Frost for your prospect depth, and Marino, who is immediately a keeper option on D, and he might even be prospect keeper eligible.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Tried to make deal #2 work, he doesn't want to move Frost. We're looking at My Horvat Sanheim/ Keller Marino. Only thing is, Keller is on a questionable contact next year, for a career high 60 pt guy. I think I lose there. Adding Marino would be the prize for a player who isn't a keeper anyways, although am I selling low?

I could shop him I suppose, or wait until summer. I feel his value will be the highest before the deadline, for those looking to make a final push.

Thanks for your suggestion. I admire your engagement in the forum. I see your very active!!

Cheers,

Dobber Sports Superstar

Horvat is signed for three more years and 5.5 Mil. That, is a pretty awesome contract for both the Canucks and Fantasy GM's. So, perhaps you are undervaluing him a bit. Horvat appears to be on his way to consecutive 60 pt seasons, which again, for the cap hit, is very decent. I think he has even higher upside as well, not a PPG guy but he can flirt with 70 if the stars align and the Canucks are heading in the right direction where that happening is a very real possibility. If I'm moving that kind of a bargain I want a substantial return. The second deal was OK, not great but OK. If the other guy doesn't want to move Frost then I'm walking away, I think he's lowballing me. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Rookie

That's exactly what I was thinking. It's easy to undervalue a player when you know you won't be keeping him and try to get something for him. I'm not willing to just part with him for the sake of parting with him. I appreciate your advice because you're absolutely right.