Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [TRADE] Toffoli to Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [TRADE] Toffoli to Vancouver Canucks

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Canucks core is already so young and Madden wasn't going to be a key piece more like another Gaudette. The only prospect I wouldn't of added in this deal would of been Podkolzin. Making the playoffs even just to give our youngsters a taste is worth it IMO. Also with how weak the Pacific is looking we might even be able to win a round.
    I think the idea is that in that bracket winning two is very possible, and then you just have to get lucky.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    It's comedy gold!
    This doesn't fit this topic, at all, but I couldn't resist posting this. This is Top 2 on the list of greatest sports press conferences. Lee Elia might be the best, but this one is pretty close. Former Vikings HC very upset with the treatment of his offensive coordinator by the fans. His team won the game and this is the post-gamer he gave: Comedy Platinum... (the very best part of it is the very last word)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNcBFZ26lcI
    10 Team H2H Points-Only
    G=3, A=2, PPP=1, SHG=2
    Goalie W=5 GA= -1 SO=3

22 Man Roster: 9F, 5D, 1U, 2G w/Max of 4 G's (Can drop G for F or D) 5 Bench Spots (Up to 7 if you don't carry a goalie)
    F: McDavid, Barkov, Marner, Pettersson, Stone, Olofsson, Pearson, Meier, DeBrincat, Ehlers, Fiala, Rust, Kubalik, Cirelli, Yamamoto, Tarasenko, (Ghost of Bjorkstrand...too sad to fill his spot right now)
    D: Hedman, Barrie, Klingberg, Pionk, Niskanen
    G: Zero-Goalie Strategy
    ***Prayers for Oskar Linblom***

Dobber Sports Veteran

In an article published today Toffoli revealed that Jim Benning DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO MAKE AN OFFER to re-sign him!

I Was Meant To Be a Hab | By Tyler Toffoli

That’s why I wanted to come back to Vancouver. I could have seen myself finishing out my career there. But hockey is a business, I understand that. And at the end of the day, there was no offer from the Canucks’ end, so we had to go another direction. It was disappointing, but I knew that there was going to be a team out there that wanted me and saw me for the player I know I am.

Dobber Sports Star

this doesnt surprise me at all. it looked like jim was fully focused on trying to acquire OEL (im ok with this) and deciding to keep Jake Virtanen for some reason before July 1. As a result, solid players at reasonable prices in Troy Stecher and Toffoli walked cause they didnt feel wanted.

multi-tasking is difficult for some NHL GMs apparently
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Gawd Benning is inept.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

So thats one of the reason Habs are in playoff, and not the Canucks !!
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev