Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Toffoli to Vancouver Canucks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default [TRADE] Toffoli to Vancouver Canucks

Toffoli to Van

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun

No salary retained by the Kings on Toffoli ($4.6 M AAV) because there's an NHL player in the return package which makes the money work. The Kings are getting a pick, a prospect and NHL player plus another conditional pick if Toffoli re-signs with Van

Baertchi? Van fans pleading this be Loui!

(Thanks DzingelBarries)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [TRADE] Toffoli to Vancouver Canucks

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie
    Prospect Tyler Madden and 2020 2nd round pick in addition to Schaller for Toffoli.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Schaller, 2nd round pick & Tyler Madden..

that's a solid price. Condition on the pick if Van resigns is what I've seen so far

Dobber Sports Jedi

I can hear Benning now saying his chemistry with Pearson in LA really influenced his decision to pull the trigger.

Now they just need a top 4 Dman to really make that deep push on the division.

I like this deal. I bet Benning feels emboldened on how well Miller worked out

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i Dunno - full trade is Toffoli (likely rental) for Schaller (fine), prospect, a guaranteed 2nd this year and a conditional pick if they sign him.

Canucks already don't have a 1st round pick in a stellar draft year. Now they don't have a 2nd. Not sure on this one, remember what happened to the Bruins before the regime changed...

Dobber Sports Veteran

On the fence as a Canucks fan. Hope Bo can make this work. My biggest concern is how Tofolli will change the mentallity of the room. Pearson better keep him in line.

The team was high on Madden and that 2nd pick means they will have to find some forgotten nuggets in 2020 draft.

Dobber Sports Genius

Solid move for Van IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    On the fence as a Canucks fan. Hope Bo can make this work. My biggest concern is how Tofolli will change the mentallity of the room. Pearson better keep him in line.

The team was high on Madden and that 2nd pick means they will have to find some forgotten nuggets in 2020 draft.
    Wondering what you mean by this? I've never heard of TT being a big obnoxious personality, seems like he'd be a good team guy.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Solid move for Van IMO.

Wondering what you mean by this? I've never heard of TT being a big obnoxious personality, seems like he'd be a good team guy.
    Dobber has TT replacing BB. I think TT plays with Bo and Tanner, and I hope it works. I haven't follow Tofolli much but I get the impression he isn't fully engaged. Perhaps its not him, and he will be pumped about getting out of LA. Its just that Tofolli hasn't met expectation, and I usually attribute that to attitude.

The Canucks haven't really had much of a team change this year, just AHL guys trying to make a good impression, this could change the chemistry of the team, I hope it doesn't.

Dobber Sports Master

Toffoli has always had very good offensive instincts, hands and a deceptive shot. His skating and health (back) have held him back. His best season he scored 33 and shot way above normal. He’s a 22-26 goal scorer and having a good year. I think it’s a positive add for the Canucks and a good sell for the Kings for a player they were gonna let walk.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Toffoli has always had very good offensive instincts, hands and a deceptive shot. His skating and health (back) have held him back. His best season he scored 33 and shot way above normal. He’s a 22-26 goal scorer and having a good year. I think it’s a positive add for the Canucks and a good sell for the Kings for a player they were gonna let walk.
    I'd say thats fair.

Aside from his skating (which is a massive difference) I've kind of looked at him like Skinner-lite. A solid complimentary second line sniper prone to occasionally ugly bouts of bad luck.

Even when he isn't producing his underlying numbers are quite good though so Stone-superlite might be a better comparison.

If he was just a touch more talented/consistent he would've commanded a 1st+Madden so the actual return looks decent for both sides.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Deity

Good trade for both.

Madden may end up being the best player in this deal, whenever he gets to the show, which is not in the too far distance.

With Boeser out again, this helps their depth up front. I dont think Toffoli is a game breaker by any means, but he can certainly help the Canucks push into the playoffs.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Full trade:
    LAK Receive
    Tim Schaller - 1.9mill (UFA in summer)
    Tyler Madden - Signing Rights
    2020 2nd round pick
    2022 conditional 4th - Pick is transferred if Toffoli Re-Signs with Cancucks

Canucks Receive:
    Toffoli - 4.6mill (UFA in summer)

Canucks, if they make the playoffs, won't have their 2020 1st or 2nd round picks.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Tough giving up a good prospect like Madden, I think the front office and Canucks media were very high on him. That being said Toffoli definitely makes this team better, and I think that line of Pearson Horvat and Toffoli can be very good down the line. With Boeser out for awhile it will be interesting to see if Toffoli just slots in with Miller and EP though.

Really feels like mortgaging the future here but the Pacific is wide open...see how it pans out I guess.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Tough giving up a good prospect like Madden, I think the front office and Canucks media were very high on him. That being said Toffoli definitely makes this team better, and I think that line of Pearson Horvat and Toffoli can be very good down the line. With Boeser out for awhile it will be interesting to see if Toffoli just slots in with Miller and EP though.

Really feels like mortgaging the future here but the Pacific is wide open...see how it pans out I guess.
    Eriksson will need a new spot to play now that Toffoli will lineup with his old buddy Pearson. Loui can take Boeser's spot.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

This seems like a trade you make when you're one player away from the cup, not from making the playoffs. I think they'll regret this once Madden hits the league...
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO