Thread: My Barkov for his picks and Cozens

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default My Barkov for his picks and Cozens

Hi all,

I'm in a points salary keeper league where the initial auction value is their salary hit each year.

Goals worth 5 PTS, assists 2.5 PTS, PPP 1 PTS, with peripherals 0.25 PTS each.

I own Barkov at approximately 1/8 of my total salary cap. My team floundered and I am looking lottery bound. I have some decent young players on cheap contracts until next year, but once Barkov is a UFA in my league, I doubt I'll be able to retain him.

I'm offered a potential top 5 pick, plus a 2nd in 2022 as well as Dylan Cozens for Barkov. I gain a huge chunk of cap space, a solid potential pivot and potential top five pick for next year's deep draft.

I know it's hard without knowing the rest of my team, but I may be moving lots of pieces as I attempt a rebuild, so view it in a bubble.
    Initial thoughts?
    Last edited by kalel; February 17, 2020 at 4:23 PM. Reason: Mistake made

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: My Barkov for his picks and Cozens

Is Barkov a FA this offseason? If not, how much longer do you have him, and what are the actual numbers of cost vs cap?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ya, not sure what the actual story here with Barkov is. That said, based on the assumption that you have to part company, the return you are getting is not too bad. If you have no choice this deal gets you a return rather than nothing. Still, I'd be exploring all options to try and get a better return. Don't settle for this just yet, work it and see what happens.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Hard to view in a bubble without knowing your cap situation, when he's a UFA, etc. etc.

I mean, if you REALLY want to view this in a bubble, I don't think any of the players you'll get back will reach Barkov's level.

So it comes down to his UFA, and his cap, but we know nothing about that.

Dobber Sports Rookie

He's under contract for one more year after this season. But with my other players (Guentzel and Pete on about 6 mil contracts when they should be well north of that) my cap will be tight. He's at 11 mil and cap is 82.5 mil.

I'm honestly leaning stay and see if I can't sell some of my prospects and picks to reload for next year.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Can you tell us at least how many you roster, how many you start, and how many teams? That is a huge amount of context missing.

I don't think Barkov is a guy I'd want to tie up 1/8 of my cap on, so I'd be very willing to deal him.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

For more context (despite the fact that I turned the trade down, but could help for future reference):

• Minimum Total Players: 21
    • Maximum Total Players: 24
    • Minimum Active Players: 0
    • Maximum Active Players: 14
    • Maximum Reserve Players: 4
    • Maximum Injury Reserve Players: 3
    • Maximum Minor League Players: 6 (this is complex but essentially works out to rookies and players who haven't played more than 100 games)

Pos Max Active
    Center (C) 2
    Left Wing (LW) 2
    Right Wing (RW) 2
    Forward (F) 1
    Defense (D) 4
    Skater (Skt) 1
    Goalie (G) 2
    That's the number max and the number we start and where. Barkov is just over $10 mil aav in an $82.0 mil cap. But I have him until end of 2021 where he becomes a UFA. But. Our UFA structure allows for a match of any contract we currently hold rights on. Assuming his price is too high, I can essentially re-sign him at the end of next season for cheaper (unless someone goes bananas in the FA process and over pays for him, in which case I'll lose him for nothing as he isn't an RFA in our structure).

That's essentially my conundrum of whether I move him or not.
    18 Teams Salary H2H Points
    14 Teams H2H Points

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"