Thread: Goalie Advice Needed!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Goalie Advice Needed!

Hey guys,

Looking for some goalie advice for the league in my sig. It's weekly so getting a stater is crucial. I'm currently in 1st btw.

Anyways, hopefully I didn't make a mistake but as soon as I saw the Grubauer injury I pounced on Francouz by dropping Hutton. Really I'm just trying to hold out until Korpisalo returns and hopefully retakes the net.

Should I have held Hutton? Also Saros is available and I'm seeing a lot of chatter about him possibly stealing the net. Thoughts on Saros?

Thanks in advance!
    Yahoo, H2H Categories, 1 Year, 12 Teams
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 4BN

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    Goalies: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Pick 1 ROS

Hey guys,

Please ignore my other goalie related thread. I'll pose the question in a much easier way.

Please pick one ROS in a weekly league where starts are critical!

Hutton
    Saros
    Francouz
    Stalock
    Raanta

Thanks in advance!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Pick 1 ROS

Im not sold on any of them guaranteeing you starts to be honest. Hutton, Francouz and Raanta are all starting now simply due to neccesity and injuries but how long is their counterparts out for? Assuming all goes according to plan, Ullmark is probably out until the end of February. A week ago, after reinjuring himself during the morning skate, Rick Tocchet had this to say about Darcy Kuemper "I honestly don’t know. It’s obviously not the next few days, I’ll put it that way,” Tocchet said. “Is it a week from now, two? I don’t know.” He could be back at anytime, or might not. When asked about Grubauer yesterday - “I don’t really have a timeline on it,” said Avalanche coach Jared Bednar on Monday, via NHL.com. “He’s still getting evaluated, he’s still going through some testing or training room or whatnot. I’ll have a better answer probably later in the week. Right now he’s day to day and could miss some time.”

Saros and Stalock are both healthy, but are going to start?

Right now, if I had to pick one of these guys listed, I'd probably say Saros is the best bet for starts ROS. He seems to finally be taking the crease from Rinne but they will still share the crease down the stretch, if you believe what you read online.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Goalie Advice Needed!

Saros has always been in the shadows of Pekka. I think he's finally stepped in and proven himself he can be a number one goaltender and the goaltender of the future for Nashville. In my opinion I think Ullmark is going to be the guy in Buffalo, so don't sweat the move. Go after Saros if you can, could pay off.

Dobber Sports Titan

Drop Korpi for Saros. Best that you get from Korpisalo is a 50/50 split with Elvis. Saros looks to have a 70/30 split going in the NSH net right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Drop Korpi for Saros. Best that you get from Korpisalo is a 50/50 split with Elvis. Saros looks to have a 70/30 split going in the NSH net right now.
    Interesting... so you're suggesting run with Markstrom, Francouz and Saros?

Also reps given, thanks everyone!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    Interesting... so you're suggesting run with Markstrom, Francouz and Saros?

Also reps given, thanks everyone!
    That's how I would run with it anyways. Who knows with goalies, but I feel that gets you the most starts, and when you're dealing with similar goalies, that's the best you can ask for.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I like Raanta here. He's really stepped it up over the past few weeks. Saros seems like he is being given the opportunity, but he continues to sputter. Nashville looks outright bad
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm assuming you want good starts, not just starts. With that in mind, my money would be on Raanta and Francouz. Raanta is more likely to get starts and he has a half decent chance of doing well in them. Francouz plays for the best team from the list and is most likely to do well in the starts he is given.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm going to hold Francouz until I hear just how bad things are with Grubauer.

Would you guys be dropping Korpi for Raanta? Elvis isn't doing so hot as of late and it's making me think Korpi has a decent shot at taking the crease back when he returns.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Maritimer View Post
    I'm going to hold Francouz until I hear just how bad things are with Grubauer.

Would you guys be dropping Korpi for Raanta? Elvis isn't doing so hot as of late and it's making me think Korpi has a decent shot at taking the crease back when he returns.
    That one is tough. Korpi played great in his last 10 games - (only gave up 3 goals once). I assume he will get the starting gig back, but he is coming back from a torn meniscus and not sure how long that will take. I wouldn't drop him, but not sure how long his conditioning stint will be and how he will perform when he returns.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko