Thread: Rask Vs. DeBrincat -long term

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Rask Vs. DeBrincat -long term

Morning all, (I realize I put this in the trade forum but just imagine would you trade one for the other?)

My leagues resetting this year from 12 to 6 keepers, for the past 2 years Debrincat has been a lock for my reset year. Now I'm not to sure, DeBrincat has regressed and has just looked really lazy on the ice this year. While Boston looks like its gonna be top 1/3 of the league for a long time. Also I think a good goalie would only be slightly easier than a solid LW/RW to redraft.

Goals - 2
    Assists -1
    Hat trick - 3
    DeBrincat plays both wings.

Wins - 2
    Shutouts - 3
    OTL/SHL - 1
    A - 1
    G - 2
    Rask plays the majority of the Bruins games.

So who would you take, considering it being a long term keeper?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Rask Vs. DeBrincat -long term

Well the old guys around here are starting to sound like a broken record (which the young guys probably have no idea what that actually means) but, we need more info here. What does your roster look like? I'm concerned that the CAT is, or was a lock in a keep 5, that's not so good. Rask on the other hand is a must keep unless you have a better option?
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Re: Rask Vs. DeBrincat -long term

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Well the old guys around here are starting to sound like a broken record (which the young guys probably have no idea what that actually means) but, we need more info here. What does your roster look like? I'm concerned that the CAT is, or was a lock in a keep 6, that's not so good. Rask on the other hand is a must keep unless you have a better option?
    My other 5 keepers would be

Giroux (LW/RW/C)
    Wheeler (C,RW)
    Ovi (LW)
    Kakko (RW)
    B.Tkachuk (LW)

Others available.
    Rask, DeBrincat, Provorov

The rest of my team are throw a ways, I've consolidated most of my teams for picks next year. I'm a rebuilding team I got the 1OA, 5OA and 6 OA next draft and a bunch of extra picks between round 2 and 6. Hopefully that gives some more info. I like both players but I'm looking into competing the year after next if all goes well.